How many times can you change Airtel Broadband plan in a month?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 8,236
I'm planning to shift to the 1099 2mbps plan. Would like to know the same?

@uberjon

I can't remember if they pro-rate the FUP or not.

I switched to 1099 plan today. Bad timing coz Reliance is down since last night. And is unlikely to come online tonight.

Reliance customer support finally confirmed that the internet is down because of power supply issue at local dslam(?). Until now the problem used to be limited to backup which means that the net at least worked when the power supply was there. Since last night, the net has remained down... I can only imagine that they did not bother paying the electricity bill at their local gateway 😀

funny thing is that the gateway is actually located in bhartiya mahila bank branch in my local market. at least this is what i was told after the reliance web world in the same shop shut down and became the bank. it would be insane if reliance has a deal with bmb and they are supposed to pay their power bill on the first of the month and they did not do it for may and bmb just took their gateway offline. because the net went down around midnight yesterday 😱

ooh. dsl light is finally on. dunno when. it was not on at least 2 hours ago. looks like the cheque cleared at midnight 😛

There's no way someone at DHBVNL is going to take the effort to be so precise. 😛

But, 24 hours of continuous downtime is insane.

Last edited:
But, 24 hours of continuous downtime is insane.

I have been through an entire month when their power backup was totally fucked up. During that month I spent 90% time on Airtel. Took literally 10s of calls and 100s of mails to get their local retards to fix the power backup problem.

Reliance did finally manage to force me to do something that I have managed to avoid for all of these years. I actually crimped rj45 sockets myself for the first time ever! and got them right on first attempt. took a long time though. if i had those plastic clamps, would have actually tied the network cable as well. right now it is all hanging outside the house and in my cabin... 😀

Local guys do not pick up phone when the network is down. I mean it's obvious I am not the only one calling them. And pretty much every single time it's their fault. Unlike other ISPs where there are issues from the 'backend', almost every problem on Reliance is because of poorly managed local gateway.