• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,013

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
WOWZAT! - mirror.co.uk - Amateur hits 39 runs from just one over
When amateur cricketer Abhijit Kale walked out to bat the last thing he expected was to emulate a legend.
But stunned team-mates watched their man \"do a Garry Sobers\" on bowler Damion Grosscel in a weekend league.
Abhijit hit 39 in one amazing over - with six sixes in a row.
It helped that there were nine deliveries - as the first two and the fifth were no balls.
Abhijit scored a single off the first, which was matched by his batting partner Michael Brown.
Then came a two by Abhijit - followed by six consecutive sixes. He said: \"I'd be amazed if I ever did it again.\"
Abhijit, 34, from Mumbai, was playing for Kent League Division 3 team Linden Park against Catford Wanderers. The Tunbridge Wells-based side made 247, with Abhijit 152 not out, then they bowled out Catford for 134.
World record scorer off one over is Jonathan Hughes who whacked 42 for North Leeds in 2005.

So how many runs can we expect to be scored in 1 over?
I remember Rana Naved, bowler from Pak when debuted against India had given 7-8 runs even before his official ball was bowled. Wonder if remaining balls were hit to 6s 😀

Really depends on the bowler. Infinite if we wish to 🙂

Really depends on the bowler. Infinite if we wish to 🙂

I would say, depends on the captain. If a bowler is getting hammered, he can take him off the attack.

yeah i think the captain can take off the bowler if he is unable to bowl one legal delivery. 😛

^^ lol 😀