How Many Gb Have You Downloaded

• Thread starter Thread starter Xvid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 6,918
hmmm bah hhave had countless formats ...but this year itself (since march) i have download approx 190gb 😀.. thanks to free gifts from mtnl.. 😉

sooo uts my time to tell u that i have downloaded 2 gb per day......

I download 2.5 GB a day on my 256 kbps connection. With 2 Mbps I would exhaust my month's limit in around 3 hours 🙁

I download around 4GB stuff daily.

----------

2.4 gb .my max limit.:wall: but at least i have d/l speed of 2mbps:dance:

no server provide an download speed greater than 60 kB/sec (indluding youtube.com) for free, during browsing you wont be able to differentiate a 512 speed with an 2mbps (unless you tend to open 10 to 20 websites at sametime).

only way to utilize 2mbps is through torrents, where you got 2.4 gb restriction !!

no server provide an download speed greater than 60 kB/sec (indluding youtube.com) for free,

Don't agree. There are quite a few sites, and in my own experience, have downloaded at those speeds for continued periods of time.

only way to utilize 2mbps is through torrents, where you got 2.4 gb restriction !!

2.4 G restriction? What's that?

lolz...dunt know but guess arnd 22gb avg per month *23month+8gb 3 month of 590nu=512 gb..may b more:grin:

I download 2.5 GB a day on my 256 kbps connection. With 2 Mbps I would exhaust my month's limit in around 3 hours 🙁

I download around 4GB stuff daily.

I download around 1GB a day.

around 256gb since 2007

lolz...dunt know but guess arnd 22gb avg per month *23month+8gb 3 month of 590nu=512 gb..may b more:grin:

If the speed of your plan increased (say to 2, 8 or 24Mbits), would your usage increase similarly? Would you each download 80-120GB per month still (only do it faster - instead of leaving the computer on 24x7), or would you be trying to leech at max-speed for the whole day?

I can tell you now, keeping up with a 24Mbit connection is damn near impossible, and you'd need 6TB of hard disk space per month to do it: but actually, in a roundabout way, so long as you continued to seed afterwards, it could work out beneficially to an ISP offering unlimited local network connections.

no server provide an download speed greater than 60 kB/sec (indluding youtube.com) for free, during browsing you wont be able to differentiate a 512 speed with an 2mbps (unless you tend to open 10 to 20 websites at sametime).

Having had 24, 50 and 100Mbit connections abroad, I can assure you, it's very VERY possible to tell - and it opens up a world of possibilities as to other sites you can use smoothly.

Don't agree. There are quite a few sites, and in my own experience, have downloaded at those speeds for continued periods of time.

2.4 G restriction? What's that?

A lot of it depends on where it's hosted, who it's hosted by, and whether said site is part of a CDN or has a mirror serving files.

If the speed of your plan increased (say to 2, 8 or 24Mbits), would your usage increase similarly? Would you each download 80-120GB per month still (only do it faster - instead of leaving the computer on 24x7), or would you be trying to leech at max-speed for the whole day?

I can tell you now, keeping up with a 24Mbit connection is damn near impossible, and you'd need 6TB of hard disk space per month to do it: but actually, in a roundabout way, so long as you continued to seed afterwards, it could work out beneficially to an ISP offering unlimited local network connections.

Having had 24, 50 and 100Mbit connections abroad, I can assure you, it's very VERY possible to tell - and it opens up a world of possibilities as to other sites you can use smoothly.

A lot of it depends on where it's hosted, who it's hosted by, and whether said site is part of a CDN or has a mirror serving files.

If i get a connection of 24Mbit(nearly impossible in India), I would like to buy a link-removed account for 1year and download as much as I can.
My computer would be on atleast for 20hrs a day and I would like to download movies watch them and then delete them as I don't need them any more.
But as I said it is nearly impossible to get a connection of 24Mbit or so in India
I will not dream so big.
But if in near future the prices of internet connection decrease of Airtel is available in my area I will surely use it and do the same as I described above.
I wish that Airtel becomes available in my area as they provide quality broadband service at reasonable rates.
Airtel Rocks.

If i get a connection of 24Mbit(nearly impossible in India), I would like to buy a link-removed account for 1year and download as much as I can.
My computer would be on atleast for 20hrs a day and I would like to download movies watch them and then delete them as I don't need them any more.

I have a 4Mbps unlimited connection at night and just got a RS account couple of days ago. There's a daily limit of 4.65 GB and I exhausted that in just under 3 hours. So, no use keeping computer on 20 hours a day, unless you buy Trafficshare, but that's just more money you have to spend.