How many devices can I connect to Tikona Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter spm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 63,451

spm

ISP
tikona
I have a Tikona broadband connection of HYDM4096. I want to share the connection with 5 laptops. I have an old D-Link DWL-G700AP wireless access point device and i am able to get a wireless access point using the same and in the lan port i have connected the RJ-45 pin from the base of the tikona unit. I am able to access internet in the laptops but the problem is I have to login to tikona from each of them separately. Thus i can only connect 3 laptops simultaneously. The rest two shows authentication error when i login. So do i need a router to connect to tikona using all the 5 laptops simultaneously. I have searched the net and liked this router TP-Link TL-WR740N but the problem is i am not sure if a router will solve my problem. So please help me here. Should I buy this router. Will it enable me to connect all 5 laptops simutaneously?

what I do, simple, get a SINGLE tikona connection cable into ruckus, attach my Asus RT N10 to ruckus, get wi-fi signal over the home , connect my laptop, my phone and my tablet over it. open a browser in either devices, log to my account , then open browser on other device and connect to whatever site I want thats it ....

I have ordered the router on flipkart and it will be delivered by august 1. Is there any configuration settings i should take care of when i get the router

Hi,
Its nice that your TP-Link TL-WR740N router working fine with Tikona.

How about the coverage of TL-WR740N? Does it covers without any loss?
Please let me know.

-vision2910

got the router and got it working fine withiin 5 min.
everything going great till now

the coverage seems to be good but this is a small apartment and coverage is good around here. I use net sitting on the balcony about 3 metres from the router and 2 walls in between.The router seems to hold good for such a cheap rate.

Thanks SPM for your valuable inputs.

the coverage seems to be good but this is a small apartment and coverage is good around here. I use net sitting on the balcony about 3 metres from the router and 2 walls in between.
The router seems to hold good for such a cheap rate.

Hi,
Just curious to know, with tikona+TL-WR740N-150Mbps Wireless N Router- how ma(TP-Link)- how many devices we can connect?
As I have spoke to Tikona customer care, they told only 2 divices can be connected at a time, is that true?

-vision2910
Just ordered it. Hope for the best.. 🙂

You can trick tikona MAC scanning system by using single MAC if you are using multiple laptop/PC with the help of cloning under network adapter properties.For example- you have mac of your PC AB-AB-AB-AB-AB then, you should enter same mac in your all PC/laptop or you can connect MAC cloned router just after RJ-45 provided from tikona and connect rest of systems to that router. It won't ask you for authorization with each diff. system.Tikona system scans the MAC of that computer once you log in. It remembers forever till you delete it. Next time, system allows you login only from that system only. Basically, each system's MAC can be replaced with stored MAC under tikona system.It works. Try it. Tikona doesn't scan other parameters. It only scan browser, operating system and MAC only when you log in. It doesn't scan any system till you log out and require to log in again.@spmI think you would able to use multiple system with your old router if it has a feature of custom MAC address.

No. When you connect a router, Tikona registers the MAC of only the router. It does not matter how many devices you connect to the router.

In the above example, the Router is connected to a TV and a PC via LAN and to a mobile, a laptop and a tablet by wifi.
Tikona will register two MACs in this case, one for the LAN and one for the WAN.
If you clone the LAN's MAC to your WAN, then it will register only one MAC.

@chaibiskutbhai - Your last post has been really useful to me.
One Tikona guy who spoke to me, told me that the mac address for each of the wireless devices also will be counted. He kind of hinted that this may not be a limitation if I buy their WiFi router. However, I understand that the router they supply does not have LAN ports and cost 1500/- bucks while one can buy a basic router for about 1000/- bucks with 4 LAN ports. Do you recommend any good VFM router? How difficult is it to set up with Tikona?