Flipkart News, User Experiences and Updates

Found out today that Flipkart block your ability to comment or edit comment on products you have purchased after six months of purchase if that product is exclusive to Flipkart. At least this is what I was told. I have been trying to edit my Turbo review to talk about the missing software updates but no luck.

Who is the actual loser in the entire process? Rest of the consumers. Flipkart would make up the money one way or the other. But it's the customers who are honest about their complaints who are going to suffer.

Partially flipkart and partially the genuine customer. But this also open up a possibility to make database of people who have pattern of high purchase and high return. ....basicly i know someone who has a product pitching to these ecomms ....this provide is a services which gives you all pointers about your customer...so you always know your risk profile. It would take another year or so...but definately these type of filters will come.

It would be shocking if bigger stores like Amazon and Flipkart already does not have their own Pagerank style parameters for regular purchasers. But then they tend to behave like our government when it comes to dealing with problems. Like blocking sale of high value items to entirely of UP just because they have had incidents of robbery in few cities and so on. :\

Yeah right....its strange they dont have it...and the baffling part is, they deal with stituations like ostrich. Stick your neck deep inside...cant see any problem....no problem.....! Strange...and they call themself leaders...... At times i feel pity about people working for these corporates. Feel like they are wasteing time energy and money and not doing anything to make things better. The only goal they have is to mint money.... And feel no responsibilities towards solving real issues problems and concerns.

It is pretty clear that the top management is there till the company gets acquired or there is an IPO that makes them crorepatis. And once that happens they would leave the company and move on to the next adventure. Looking at how much funding they keep on taking every six months, I am not even sure how much of Flipkart is now owned by the actual founders. Amazon India is infinitely well managed today and it is pretty clear how Amazon.com has managed to survive so long and why the consumers love them so much. They are playing the long game.

That is fine... I am not opposed to the commercial intention, at the end of the day everyone is doing it for money (including me). But when you become a leader then you should have some innovations happening. For example, flipkart become 2bn company and now targeting 10bn by next march. Somewhere inbetween they might have invested money in innovation (i am not talking about invention here) for a safe, quick and fraudlent proof delivery. But they choose to go with whatever standard setup avilable.

I will give you an ex, few days back i ordered some small stuff from flipkart. The seller was from my same state and was located just 125 km away. So technically any courier company would have routed the package just 125km and would have delivered it to me. But flipkart choose to take my parcel on a north india darshan package. From ajmer it went to delhi, now another point here is ....no matter which mode of transport you choose from ajmer to delhi, it has to cross jaipur. But bcoz they do hub and and spoke .....the package cloaked a total of 625km distance ....whooping extra 500km and 5 days. Where it could have ended up 125 km and 1 day flat.

So i saw a lot of wastage or time, money and fuel here and decided to write to sachin n binny directly. And generally i know most the startup guys currently in India, as i am also amongst them(have my startup where we are helping various enties). And whenever i find any potentional problem, as a good friend i call these startup founder and always fet a welcoming response or see some improvement. But this time it was not encouraging at all. Sachin n binny asked someone to call me and repeate the standard customer care pitch. I even told them, i have my startup where we are helping goverment owned largest Transpoter to utilize the network and cut down expense. And my intention is not to pitch my company or service but to make you understand the indirect losses you are incuring on delivery. Till date have not seen any positive change in flipkart's delivery. They still have hubs among various states and goods go from one point to another creating bottlebeck everywhere wasteing valueable resources.

This what i was saying .... They should innovate....but they choose just to earn money and may be leave after a while.

I had ordered mobile cover from Flipkart for Rs 299 using HDFC Credit card. Item was delivered on 22 Sep. But I did not like it as it was not fitting very well on mobile, so I initiated return through app. Next day (23 Sep) back cover was collected back by their agent and he said amount would be refund back to card. In order update on app, it is displaying item received back and refund is sent. But as of today I haven't received any refund.
1 hour back I called Flipkart's toll free number to enquire about refund, and lady on other side told me that refund is sent, and I should contact my bank to check refund status.

So I wanted to know exactly how many working days does it take to receive refund? And how does refund goes back to credit card?

should not take more than 2 weeks to be honest. in most cases, it should be back in 4-5 days.

If I don't count Weekends and 2nd Oct holiday, its exactly 8 working days as of today. I guess have to wait for few more days.

8 days is still too much imo. My most recent experience is with Snapdeal. I got a refund within 8 days. And that includes the shipping, delivery and return. 8 days between the actual payment and refund in my credit card statement.

But yea, as you mentioned the first week of October had way too many bank holidays 😀

I haven't received any mail as of now about refund. I saw refund status only on Flipkart app. In App, it is mentioned that refund sent.