How many days to get refund from Flipkart for returned item?

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
ISP
Airtel 4G
I had ordered mobile cover from Flipkart for Rs 299 using HDFC Credit card. Item was delivered on 22 Sep. But I did not like it as it was not fitting very well on mobile, so I initiated return through app. Next day (23 Sep) back cover was collected back by their agent and he said amount would be refund back to card. In order update on app, it is displaying item received back and refund is sent. But as of today I haven't received any refund.
1 hour back I called Flipkart's toll free number to enquire about refund, and lady on other side told me that refund is sent, and I should contact my bank to check refund status.

So I wanted to know exactly how many working days does it take to receive refund? And how does refund goes back to credit card?

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
should not take more than 2 weeks to be honest. in most cases, it should be back in 4-5 days.

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
ISP
Airtel 4G
If I don't count Weekends and 2nd Oct holiday, its exactly 8 working days as of today. I guess have to wait for few more days.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
8 days is still too much imo. My most recent experience is with Snapdeal. I got a refund within 8 days. And that includes the shipping, delivery and return. 8 days between the actual payment and refund in my credit card statement.

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
ISP
Airtel 4G
I haven't received any mail as of now about refund. I saw refund status only on Flipkart app. In App, it is mentioned that refund sent.

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
ISP
Airtel 4G
Finally after 2nd call to Flipkart, their CC acknowledged that there is some issue, and they will again initiate refund to my Credit card. Then on 10 Oct I got SMS from bank that refund is in process from Flipkart, and today refund is displayed in my Credit card's unbilled transaction.
So All is Well now :)

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
ISP
Airtel 4G
Ordered Phone from Amazon last week. But phone had issue so initiated return. Phone was collected on Monday, and in few hours amount was refund to my Credit card. No need to make any calls :)

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
ISP
Airtel 4G
BTW what happens when we return any item back (example phone). Do they simply sell to other customer or format it and upgrade OS (if upgrade available)?