How long my Railwire Fiber will remain active without Recharge?

• Thread starter Thread starter amlan_sarma
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 14,824
Hello, friends. I am from Guwahati.

I have been using Railwire for last 2 years and my plan is Rs 599+gst for 20 mbps Unlimited.
But now, Airtel Xstream is available in my area and they charge Rs 499+gst for 40 mbps Unlimited.

Now I want to disconnect the internet. I have 4 questions :

1) Do I have to inform Railwire that I will no longer use their service? Or will they automatically get that once they see that I am not recharging anymore?

2) The railwire guys have put a large amount of wire in my property in my area during installation. What will happen to the wires? Will they take it back? Because if they don't take it back, it will be a problem for me to remove it.

3) I remember that I had paid them Rs 1500 for a new router at the time I got the connection, so I will keep that router. But what about the ONT box? Will they take it or will I keep it?

4) When the fiber wire enters my home, it goes inside a black box - from that black box , a yellow wire goes directly to my router. What will happen to the black box? Will they take it away?

@godmad
1. No need to inform.
2. You can call your LCO and ask him to remove the connection. If you had paid for the cable (with installation charges), you can claim it.
3. Everything is yours if you have paid for it. You already paid for the router, hence it's yours. LCO sometimes gives ONT on rent (charges 50rs something extra per month) and might ask to return. But do not call out this yourself. They have all the payment info. If they take it by themselves ask them the reason and say I thought I paid for it.
4. As you do not need the connection anymore, that box and cable will be removed by LCO.

I enquired about this with my LCO and they just said it's all yours, we will just terminate your account, the equipment and wire is all your property.

The same equipment and the black box can be used to bring in the Airtel connection if you have not installed it yet. If it has been already installed, you can tell your LCO later to take away the box as shared by others here

I don't want to part my ways with Railwire. So will recharge atleast once in 2-3 months. And if better plans comes for Assam, I may even disconnect Jio fiber.
Hi, I am from Assam. I also want to try Jio and Airtel since they seem to arrive at my location now and Railwire has been acting up recently with constant disconnect for a whole day. How long were you able to keep your Railwire active without recharge? Is the 6 month thing legit?