how long does it take to get a new broadband connection?

• Thread starter Thread starter joyceanblue
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,544
Status
Not open for further replies.

joyceanblue

ISP
MTNL
hi, i recently kicked airtel out of my house, i am planning to get a rel broadband connection, i called the customer care yesterday and filled in the form on their website, but still havent received any reply from reliance. do they move slower than MTNL? 😛 i am located in south delhi.

Always contact the nearest Reliance centre for BB connection. Only the local people(reliance) are the decision makers. You will lose your cool to get the connection, once u get it then u'll gain what u've lost.

how do i find the closest reliance center? i am in malviya nagar, i found a reliance mobile center where ppl go and pay the bills, and i get my netconnect recharged. they said they dont deal in wireline broadband.

I got it through filling the form on their site as well, took them just 1-2 days to contact me and get the necessary papers.

just make sure you do not give cash to anyone who comes to get the papers filled in. even check is a bad move. i think reliance does offer installation charges to be added to the first bill. though not sure.

I filled up the online form as well as called their customer care over a week ago.I have heard not a peep from Reliance.

I filled out their online form. A guy called me the next day, and I asked him if Reliance Broadband was available in my area. He said he would find out, and I never heard from him again.The only choices in my area are MTNL and Airtel 🙁

well finally got a call from reliance, unfortunately it is not available in malviya nagar, and that is rather stranger, since almost everything is available here,, applying in mtnl today. pray for me guys

just make sure you do not give cash to anyone who comes to get the papers filled in.

even check is a bad move.

i think reliance does offer installation charges to be added to the first bill. though not sure.

I think they all ask for a 500 rupee check after getting the papers filled so I don't think there is any way around that. And why is that a bad move?

It's weird but I've delayed getting a connection and every 2 days for the past 3 weeks I have been getting calls from the reliance guy. How desperate can they be..... I'm wary of their bill practices hence the delay.

I think they all ask for a 500 rupee check after getting the papers filled so I don't think there is any way around that. And why is that a bad move?

It's weird but I've delayed getting a connection and every 2 days for the past 3 weeks I have been getting calls from the reliance guy. How desperate can they be..... I'm wary of their bill practices hence the delay.
Me too gave them a cheque for Rs.500(after reading lot of horror reviews). I stopped the cheque payment(which costed Rs.50) when they made a delay in giving the connection. The next day the line was thru & i paid them thru i-banking the same amount.
Like all i was a little afraid about their billing. But nothing gone wrong till date. Take a Unlimited plan & use within the free voice calls & u'll be just fine.

You should be more worried what will happen whe you want to disconnect the broadband🙂this is my problem i have been facing1. The name on the bill was misspelt [my name is V.S.Gopalan and not K.S.Gopalan]2. The internet plan i got was Combo 1Mpbs and not what i had ordered.I called them about this and said it was not possible in my area.When i requested to changet he plan they said it was not possible to do so. I argued then why was i assured that i would get the Night Booster Zoom 1 plan and the guy hung up on me.3. Connection came on 21st December and got disconnected on 25th December.4. I called them the next day and they lied to me that the entire reliance network in india was down and it would take 3 days to repair it. I called them everyday for 15 days till 7th January and still the broadband did not work. So i requested to terminate the connection. I got a call the next day asking to confirm the disconnection and i finalized the termination.5. I got an email that confirmed my disconnection and that the modem and the phone equipment will be retrieved with 7-10 days.6. I got the bill for the 1st and the 2nd month and still nobody claimed the modem or the phone.7. Finally after 45 days someone came and took the equipment and did not provide an acknowledgment slip for it.8. Meanwhile i am still getting calls telling me that my bill is overdue or else they will terminate the connection.9. I got the bill for the 3rd month now and again the entire drama about bill overdue.I mean i can understand delay, but this is utterly pathetic and stupid service that you people provide. They dont even know i terminated my connection on 7th January and i am still getting calls today [15th March] that they will disconnect my broadband plan. Seriously BSNL feels so good now.

You should be more worried what will happen whe you want to disconnect the broadband🙂
this is my problem i have been facing

1. The name on the bill was misspelt [my name is V.S.Gopalan and not K.S.Gopalan]
2. The internet plan i got was Combo 1Mpbs and not what i had ordered.I called them about this and said it was not possible in my area.When i requested to changet he plan they said it was not possible to do so. I argued then why was i assured that i would get the Night Booster Zoom 1 plan and the guy hung up on me.
3. Connection came on 21st December and got disconnected on 25th December.
4. I called them the next day and they lied to me that the entire reliance network in india was down and it would take 3 days to repair it. I called them everyday for 15 days till 7th January and still the broadband did not work. So i requested to terminate the connection. I got a call the next day asking to confirm the disconnection and i finalized the termination.
5. I got an email that confirmed my disconnection and that the modem and the phone equipment will be retrieved with 7-10 days.
6. I got the bill for the 1st and the 2nd month and still nobody claimed the modem or the phone.
7. Finally after 45 days someone came and took the equipment and did not provide an acknowledgment slip for it.
8. Meanwhile i am still getting calls telling me that my bill is overdue or else they will terminate the connection.
9. I got the bill for the 3rd month now and again the entire drama about bill overdue.

I mean i can understand delay, but this is utterly pathetic and stupid service that you people provide. They dont even know i terminated my connection on 7th January and i am still getting calls today [15th March] that they will disconnect my broadband plan. Seriously BSNL feels so good now.

Heh chillout man u have 4 posting till date and all the SAME CONTENT. This is an active forum man so dont think that your voice will be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.