How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 48,198
@Dark_Nate
You got better transit.But how?
Does BSNL use BSCCL for international transit?
I used to believe that it is just used as an internal transit till AS9829.
Please correct me if i am wrong.
SG servers are like unknown to me.😅
Speed never gets above 1mbps.

@Dark_Nate I would love to see trace route to multiple international destinations from Shillong as bsnl has transit from BSCCL.
@vignesh_venkatesan Give me some international IPs for traceroute. I'm too lazy to look some up.

@Dark_Nate
You got better transit.But how?
Does BSNL use BSCCL for international transit?
I used to believe that it is just used as an internal transit till AS9829.
Please correct me if i am wrong.
SG servers are like unknown to me.😅
Speed never gets above 1mbps.
They buy transit from BSCCL that I know for sure, IMHO they would have been better off with buying internal transit circuit.
@Dark_Nate Pick some random singapore,US,UK ip bro.

@Realme BSNL is routing traffic over its backbone (and peered ones like Google and other caches like Akamai and Netflix) but rest all traffic i.e which is not going towards BSNL is being routed from Bangladeshi provider BSCCL.
They're routing is more fucked up than BSNL. Sometimes indian traffic would be routed to Europe before coming back to India.

Putting up all this cable infra is surely not easy and requires competent people, then why do they always mess up the routing?
(also improper routing, may lead to unnessary TRANSITS adding to their cost I believe?)

Did a Traceroute to a US Server from my BSNL
Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 9.19.12 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Putting up all this cable infra is surely not easy and requires competent people, then why do they always mess up the routing?
(also improper routing, may lead to unnessary TRANSITS adding to their cost I believe?)
Yes, Bsnl has idiotic routing and buys transit from like 9 providers which is not ideal for huge network like BSNL.

They buy transit from BSCCL that I know for sure, IMHO they would have been better off with buying internal transit circuit.
@Dark_Nate Pick some random singapore,US,UK ip bro.
Off-topic: I can no longer access this forum at full speed for some reason.

Clearing the cookies fixes it, but the moment I log in with my account, speed is throttled to like 1bps.
Different browsers and client devices.
Only my account is affected.

Looks like somebody wants me off the forum for some reason.

I can no longer reply in this thread either: Jio Fiber is having issues with US traffic since last evening | Reliance JioFiber Broadband

If any of you are interested in traceroutes/networking/tech-related stuff. You can find me on Discord: Dark_Nate#9412