How is YOU brodaband in Gurgaon?

Pathetic dont go for it

Hi, I want to share my experiences with You BB. The garbage bin of service and a yardstick even a garbage collector would be repulsed to measure himself by.

I have contacted You BB's "Customer Service" multiple time this month to have a problem resolved but there has been no resolution yet.

I raised a complaint (#201407120685) on the 12th of July stating that I am unable to connect to the internet. Their CS rep's standard solution of rebooting the modem failed to work and I was advise a resolution in 24 business hours... i.e. 3 working days.

When I checked in on the 18th after not hearing from them at all, I was told an "Engineer" by the name of Vijay Kr Sain resolved the problem and confirmed that with me by phone on 14/7/14 7:43:28 PM. I was at office at that time and it was physically impossible for me to confirm anything to him. I never got that call.

After my initial complaint on the 12th, the connection worked intermittently. I saw a pattern, the modem would magically come online exactly as 12:15 AM and magically go offline at 10:00 AM. This behaviour is puzzling since no modem will ghost connect with such accuracy unless the modem was being blocked by You BB themselves during these hours.

I called again on 19th 12.15 AM when then the magic happened again and the modem connected without me power cycling it or taking any action. I was told their systems are offline. Seriously? How can an ISPs systems go offline?

I called the next morning at noon (19th July) and explained the problem and demanded to speak to a supervisor. The rep was clueless about the problem which enraged me even further. Of course, the supervisor was "busy", i.e. could not care less about the problem of a paying customer.

Reluctantly the rep took down a fresh complaint (the old one was mysteriously resolved and closed by their "Engineers" as they did not find any problem, even though my modem shows offline on their systems during the day). Complaint # 2014072005847. I had insisted that the rep write the complaint word by word, about no connectivity during the day but I doubted that would have gone through his head so I call again and spoke to a lady who confirmed that all details as explained by me were fed into the system but it would take 24 business hours or 3 working days to resolve (sigh!).

Within an hour of the complaint, the modem started blinking and my router showed the data activity. This was in the afternoon.

My joy was short lived and the damn thing went offline in another hour and has refused to connect since. Not even last night which would have been its regular miracle cycle. Seems You BB doesn't see it fit that I, a paying customer reap the benefits even during night hours and catch up on some work!

I have always had trouble with this ISP. The first incident was the day after I was setup with their connection. The last couple of months were relatively better with their routine downtime 3/4 times a week but during office hours so it didn't bother me.

However, I made the mistake of switching from my 4MBPS/50GB FUP to unlimited 2MBPS connection late last month. That switch required me to pay an advance rental of 3 months at once. I guess You BB figures they have me in their talons for another 2 months more, why bother fixing the issue.

I have lived in Gurgaon since 1999. My first ISP was TouchTel (Now Airtel BB) with a 256 KBPS "Broadband" connection. I have seem really pathetic service providers such as TATA Indicom but never even have I dealt with a more unprofessional and unmotivated bunch of barely educated hoodlums.

My honest advise to anyone considering You BB in any part of India, DON'T. Feed some poor people instead. True you won't get a working internet connection by doing charity but hey, you won't get that with these crooks either. Might as well have the satisfaction of helping someone in need rather than making hustler-in-chief E V S Chakravarthy any more money.

If any of the You BB "Engineers" (i.e. 12th pass with 3 month networking course), "Technicians (i.e. 12th pass with barely understandable English and a superhuman ability and willingness to accept abuses) and "Management" (i.e. Hopefully Graduates with an absolute unmatchable appetite for incompetence) of You BB come across this, FIX MY PROBLEM.

If the Hustler-in-chief E V S Chakravarthy happens to come across this. You should be ashamed of running such an organisation. Have some pride in your product. You are an shining example of how a company should not be run and anyone considering to offer you a position in your company as a CEO might as well sell it off and throw the money off of plane as you are guaranteed to run that business into the ground as well.

Ankur Dutta
(You BB USER ADUTTA_052)

P.S. The nodal officers list on their website, which I believe is a requirement per TRAI, doesn't exist. Get a 404 when I open that link. Reinforces by belief that You BB doesn't give a tiny rat's *** about their customers.

Last edited:
I have faced all this, and I am hopeless while dealing with these low-life-creatures. I have a list of numbers, that won't solve anything:

Non-existing Customer care: 8826478787
Gurgaon Technical non-responsible: Ramanathan 99539 11970
Nodal officer: Becomes a chamcha(for 2 min) when you complaint at higher level - Prahlad Giri 8800432581, 9711699775, 9990462111,874403004.
This guy changes the numbers once he can not take abuses any more.