How is Tata Sky Broadband in Mumbai?

ISP
Tata Play Fiber
Hi guys,

Can anybody share some feedback on how Tata Sky's broadband service is, in Mumbai?

They are offering me a good deal, so I was planning to switch.

I am using Hathway right now and it is highly unstable are times.

Service is good. It was for me when I had it for over 5 yrs. But remember that with DTH heavy rains & cloud in the monsoon can be a spolier

Okay, thanks. But this is Fiber optic technology I am talking about. DTH gets interrupted during monsoons, that is fine. But does FTTH has the same effect? I don't think so.

I dont know about Mumbai but Tata Sky broadband ftth has come to this "magarpatta city" township in Pune along with Airtel ftth. On the township facebook page there were a few complaints about sites not opening and slow speeds but these might be in the minority and those people might be non-tech-savvy people doing some mistake with their wifi devices and other configuration.

Overall I guess it is worth for you to give it a try, maybe dont sign up for long-term to start with. Try it for a few months and if it is good then you can opt for their long term packs.

It will definitely be better than Hathway (assuming yours is not on fiber) anyways.

Last edited:
But does FTTH has the same effect? I don't think so.

Depends on where you are staying and if your competing LCOs dont cut each others' wiring 😀 But FTTH is highly reliable connectivity even in monsoons, yes.

Thank you for your reply.

I have gone thru a lot of reviews lately and most of them are negative, especially on their Google page. I don't know what to do. There is not a single positive review on their Google page and the ones that are there seems to be fake. But again, these reviews depend upon the areas they live. So, I am hoping the scenario is different or better in my area.

They have offered me free trial for a month. I will certainly decide based on this.

Is 50 Mbps (~6 MBPS) connection at 849 pm (including GST) a good offer with unlimited data? Since it's fiber optic, I am hoping there are less breakdowns in connectivity unlike Hathway.

However ping is different in different circles. One user from noida reported ping of 20 ms in pubg. Check in comment section of video.

Is 50 Mbps (~6 MBPS) connection at 849 pm (including GST) a good offer with unlimited data? Since it's fiber optic, I am hoping there are less breakdowns in connectivity unlike Hathway.

Offer is good enough, especially if you dont have other options! Personally I don't trust the "unlimited" claim, I am sure there is some FUP hidden somewhere in the fine print 😀

Offer is good enough, especially if you dont have other options! Personally I don't trust the "unlimited" claim, I am sure there is some FUP hidden somewhere in the fine print 😀
Haha true. But you know what, I confirmed with two of their executives and one of their senior managers and all said the same that there is no FUP. I even gave example of Hathway because Hathway tends to do this every time. He said that if that happens we will refund you the money.