How is Razer Arctosa Black Gaming Keyboard?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,648

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I have been looking to replace my keyboard with a decentish model. I have been using the cheapo models from Logitech and Microsoft for a long time now. Mostly because I literally pound on the keyboards when typing and they usually end up going crap after 6 months or so.

I have been looking for a good deal for around 2000-2500. I am not sure if it is a good idea spending this much money on a keyboard that might also go bad in less than a year.

Logitech does not seem to have good models in this price range. I found Razer Arctosa Black Gaming Keyboard which is around this range. Higher end models are just too expensive (4k+).

https://imgur.com/kTQd0

I basically need a wired one. And no, I am not really interested in going for mechanical keyboards because I already have too much noise coming out from my computer etc. 😀

I have been using Razer Lycosa Mirror Special Edition black glossy finish keybaord for about 3months now and the keys are pretty good for typing and gaming, the difference between Razer Arctosa is that it does not have a backlight light and the keys are bit harder but it's well worth the money, Lycosa is 1.5K costlier than the Arctosa but it all depends on what you need, if you are using it for long hours Lycosa or Black Widow is good, if your on a budget then the Arctosa will suit your needs.🙂

Upvote 0
i do not really need backlight. but i do need soft touch keys 😀ooh. Razer BlackWidow is a mechanical keyboard? that explains the high price tag.

Upvote 0
Too much soft touch keys can Spoil your typing experience, Lycosa is bit hard+soft medium and plus it has a USB, Audio and Mic Slots in it so if your far away you can plug in the accessories for it, i bought Lycosa for Rs.4.2K, even Arctosa is good and it's much softer than Lycosa but if it's too soft chances of wear and tear possibilities are high if you type it with force, otherwise Arctosa is a very good deal, go for it, two thumbs up.

Upvote 0
I searched flipkart and the Arctosa, Lycosa and Black Widow are in Stock, I suggest you try the Black Widow Mechanical Keybaord as your usage for typing is very high, Spend a little extra cash, you will not repent it later on and it will feel comfortable while typing for you as well or if your on a mid budget go for the Lycosa, these Keyboards are branded and designed in US of A so mind it that the pricing of these Razer Keyboards are pretty high.🙂

Razer Lycosa Mirror Gaming Keyboard | Keyboard | Flipkart.com

Razer Arctosa Gaming Keyboard | Keyboard | Flipkart.com

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate - Elite Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Keyboard | Flipkart.com

Upvote 0
i have considered logitech in the past. there are two issues... 1. the price is very high for my need. 2. i do not need a gaming keyboard. g110 has 12 keys on the left side. which is a headache for me because well i try to locate my keys on the keyboard based on their location on the keyboard. and those extra 12 keys would make it harder. it is just a bit too much for my needs. 🙂

Upvote 0
Have you tried these keyboards? I have used them once, keys are soft and it's just fun to use.

Upvote 0
lol. i need the bezel on the keyboard. anyways. had a word with prathap and he said that there is no point in going for expensive keyboards as they would not withstand the pounding folks like us give them. he advised me to stick with cheapo boards which work well for me and just replace them after 4-5 months. would be cheaper in longer run and i would continue to have decent feedback from the keys.

Upvote 0
Hello Sushubh, if you want a really good keyboard that will last you a lifetime buy the new Razer Black Widow 2013 Edition Mechanical Keyboard, it's the latest launched few days back, it's awesome, Link Below, don't think twice Just buy it, lifetime guarantee for that few extra cash you spend on it, if you got a better deal on any other site or your local shop buy it from there or Flipkart Only.🙂

Razer Black Widow 2013 Keyboard: Flipkart.com

Upvote 0