How is Railwire Broadband wrt uptime and reliability?

• Thread starter Thread starter rango
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,234
Hi,

I am from tamilnadu.

I am very close to getting railwire broadband connection. I have checked forum and some complain boards before making sure.

I saw that quite a few people complaining about frequent disconnections everyday. Is it true in your experience?

I need a solid and trustable internet 24x7, can railwire provide that?

Also one more doubt,

We can connect to Remote desktop without problem right?

You can check the threads. There seems to be a lot of such reported issues around. But mostly, Railwire gives satisfactory service.

Thanks, will make conclusion with the threads here.

Btw connecting to remote desktops won't be problem right?

I am from Tamil Nadu and i am using RailWire for past 8 months. Very few issues..that is from cable operator side other than that no downtime..and about remote desktop i think it works fine.

I'm from Tamil Nadu too and the frequent disconnections are happening every day mostly in the morning and night.
A guy from nearby town said that he's facing the same problem
I've raised a ticket after calling the customer care and its been 3days , no response from my lco yet

@deepakjgb no use of raising tickets and calling customer care, they will not do anything and tell you to contact lco directly, either call directly you lco or visit their office or bare with it.

Not for me. The customer care handled issues independently of LCO for me.

Hi everyone,

Its been 2+ weeks with railwire, and till now i have amazingly good experience with them.

No disconnections for me, each session lasts as long as i want to be online, sometimes the session goes over 14 hours.

Speed is as exactly 10 mbps for pretty much all the time,

LCO is very friendly and been giving us tv cable for more then a decade, so no problem there.

ONLY problem is the captcha thing, That too happens less often, so no problem there.

Just love the experience with Railwire.

Without railwire i would have been doomed, was using reliance unlimited wireless plan, thats no more, no other wired broadband in my area, So railwire is just a life saver !

I agree,

I had a small problem, contacted support, they solved the issue in about 10 minutes, called me and confirmed that the problem solved, then closed the ticket.

I guess it depends on the area, here its been 4 days since I raised a ticket and no response from cc or the lco , I guess I'll have to contact the lco directly which I did in the first place before contacting cc and lco guys had no idea about the issues let alone solve them.
So I'm stuck here hoping that the issues gets resolved on their own

@deepakjgb I am in your list, their ticket system suckz. All they say, call your LCO to fix your line. There is nothing wrong from our side. But LCO helps me so it moves fine for me.