How is MS Office 2007?

• Thread starter Thread starter boygr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3,612
Well office 2k7 is good , but from business point of view it makes no sense. No one needs its its new features. Heck , in my dads office in High Court they still use Redhat Linux over thinclients and OOO 1.0.3 , and are happy with it.

So one should consider upgrade only if you need the new features!!
Note: This doesnt apply for home users!! you know what I mean😛🙄

its more usable. makes doing things easier. i had prefer o2k7 over anything else any day... but i hate the missing auto text feature.

you can make Word 2k/3 read the 'x' formats by installing a plugin / utility provided by M$. Its up on their site! Am too lazy to search for it 😛

i think the convertors are still in beta...what i am waiting for are the plugins for ooo.

I upgraded Office 2003 to 2007 a few months back - hated the interface - rolled it back. Saying almost everyone loves the new interface is incorrect.
If it were so tools like this one wouldn't be developed. I don't see the point of spending years getting familiar with something to turn it on its head overnight, not unless you're accomplishing something radical by making this change.

What I hate about all these programs is that in their excel / calc programs, there's no provision for digit grouping in lakhs, crores etc. i.e. you can't write a number like 5,56,784 - it will come as 556,784 - really infuriating.... 😡

well i like the new interface... but then i am a veteran office user and have seen several upgrades so can cope up with this one too 😀

What I hate about all these programs is that in their excel / calc programs, there's no provision for digit grouping in lakhs, crores etc. i.e. you can't write a number like 5,56,784 - it will come as 556,784 - really infuriating.... 😡

You can format numbers anyway you want, if you use formatting.

type in a long number into a cell, hit return or just select the are you want formatted in this manner

right click the cell/area->Format Cells->Number->Custom

then enter the below code below where it says Type: in O2k3

[>=10000000]([$Rs.] ##\,##\,##\,##0.00);[>=100000]([$Rs.] ##\,##\,##0.00);([$Rs.] ##,##0.00)

should work upto 100 crores :thumbsup:

Youu get the idea so modify as appropriate.

As a makeshift solution that's what I do. but the problem is that if I enter 356000 in your code above it will come as ",03,56,000.00" Which means that I have to modify the formatting every time it jumps from thousands to lakhs to crores or vice-versa....... very irritating!!! Even though the "Regional and Language Settings" in XP let's you specify digit grouping as "Rs.12,34,56,789.00" it doesn't get implemented in MSOffice or Openoffice..... a pox on those $%@#$%.Edit: Wait I didn't see that there was a conditional way (>=10000000)... cool!! Does this only work in office 2003 or also other versions (and openoffice?)

Too bad that Excel does not pick up settings from :"Control Panel"->"Regional and Language Settings"->Customize->"Digit Grouping"

Edit: Wait I didn't see that there was a conditional way (>=10000000)... cool!! Does this only work in office 2003 or also other versions (and openoffice?)

Can't say maybe others with versions other than O2K3 can confirm.