How is Jio Fiber for Work From Home?

• Thread starter Thread starter sheriff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 1,825
Good enough

It all depends how the cables are installed. In Mumbai & my area its all underground. Even in my colony its underground till it enters the bldgs. If its done like the cablewalas style (over treetops & bldg tops) then there could be problems. From Jan 2019 til today I had to complain only once & it was down for the entire area due to a problem at their local server.

Recently my Jio Fiber is giving me latency issues on connecting to the virtual desktop for my work. No clue why. Using an airtel Hotspot is better than Jio. 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, Jio routing is bad for the past few days. A few people have experienced.

For me Jio's routing has improved since the past 2 days. They have changed the gateway and the latencies have never been better.

I dropped them a mail about this last night. Got one of those canned replies for now...

So Jio asked for the below details, I replied. Let's see if this gets resolved.

In order to look into your query, I request you to please provide us the below details.
1. Have you connected to office VPN?
2. Have you connected any 3rd party router to Jio home gateway?
3. Have you made any changes to DNS settings?
1. Office server/website name:
2. (access through app/URL):
3. Destination server name:
4. Run below command on command prompt & share results
Nslookup <url>
Ping <url>
Tracert url
5. Location:
6. Share results of below commands, if facing the same issue with another internet provider also (optional)
Nslookup <url>
Ping <url>
Tracert url
7. IPV4 address (to get IPV4, access website www.whatismyipaddress.com )
8. Nature of issue (Permanent or Intermittent)
If Intermittent mention the time frame when the issue occurred:
Once you revert, we will reach out to you to help you resolve this issue.

Any update? That's email by Jio is a standard format that they send to every customer who raises a ping related complaint.
They might have changed routering across most parts of india I think.
After the change my pings are still rock solid.

Nothing yet, I'll be following up with them this week. Will post their replies here.

So the network has been fine since their 1st reply for the details. Not sure if this was a one-off due to my complaint or not. Still waiting on their reply though.