Apple iOS

I want to ask something i updated IOS 5 now question arises in Apple site there have told you can access camera even in lock screen but i did not saw that option even more you can be connect to wifi for sync but when i put cable on laptop then only it sync via wifi. Pls clear the doubts

----------

Problem got solved you have click 2times home button to get camera option having some issues with wifi sync

wtf Apple? I was downloading iOS 5 through itunes. It was 774mb, when 700mb was done, I had to do something important, so i right clicked and pressed pause. and then when i resumed after 5 minutes, it started from the beginning.

mmm. from my own experience this has been the case with itunes for ever.

in fact, a slight problem with internet connectivity resets the download. i have had failed attempts on 1mbps connectivity with no interference. the app would simply stop the download and start it from the beginning.

i have noticed it several times while trying to upgrade an iPod Touch to the latest iOS builds.

i started using IPSW after that.

----------

the good thing is that this would probably the last time you would face this problem. future updates would be delivered OTA.

i wonder how many people are going to get borked by the OTA updates on their jailbroken devices. 😀

wtf Apple? I was downloading iOS 5 through itunes. It was 774mb, when 700mb was done, I had to do something important, so i right clicked and pressed pause. and then when i resumed after 5 minutes, it started from the beginning.

Happens to me often when downloading games. Try the direct links available on CydiaHelp and restore the phone using the ipsw.

Cool.. this time its OTA .. and just 44mb.. Previously one needed to download the whole 600+ mb file even for small updates..

55 MB for 4SSome improvement in standby time for me. It drained just 1% overnight vs 5-6% previously.

My sister in law just purchased the iPhone 3GS (don't ask) and I was wondering whether I should update the phone with iOS 5... I know about the battery issues. I am more concerned about the performance aspect. I do not know what version of iOS is loaded on her unit. Probably iOS 4.x... Speed and performance wise it seems to be doing great. I do not want that to be ruined after upgrading the device to iOS 5.

quite usable 😕

from what i saw in the 5 minutes of using it, performance was much better than what i see on my nexus s. smoothness i mean. 😛

i am not sure what quite usable means 😀 does it get worse than iOS 3/4? 😛

----------

i guess the new notification system, icloud and OTA updates are worth the risk.

I would recommend updating the 3GS to iOS 5. The 3GS version of iOS 5 is optimized for that device and has a few features missing as it is a lower spec iPhone. Apple learned their lesson with the issues users faced with iPhone 3G & iOS 4. iCloud is definitely worth updating for.