How is Airtel Uptime for you? and how fast they fix the downtime?

• Thread starter Thread starter nishantt6969
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 3,802
I have had Airtel broadband for maybe 5 years at this point and the experience has been pretty decent. For the first couple of years uptime was almost nil and speeds were always more than what was promised.

I guess more people in my locality have taken up Airtel for broadband because nowadays speeds remain around 100-130Mbps during the daytime (on a 200Mbps plan). There are occasions where I'll have a green PON light but internet will not work but that's generally fixed within 10 min without any intervention on my part. There was a fiber cut a couple of months back and it took several calls to CC and a few days for it to get fixed. Dunno if that's a one off issue or if the service technicians are simply overburdened with the increased number of connections. But yeah, connectivity to most servers and services are good and honestly, I can live with small hiccups now and then.

PS, my connection is directly from Airtel, no LCO is involved.

Airtel is operating very well in my city(LCO city). The pressure of airtel on LCO is like hammer of thor, they come rrunning whenever theres any issue on just one phone call, sometimes on their own as when ont is down for 4 hours, it auto generates service request.

Airtel broadband generally has good customer service, but as with their mobile and DTH divisions, it has definitely degraded from what it used to be.

Their billing is absolutely awful though, especially if one tries to pay the bill for an advanced rental plan. This is one thing I miss about BSNL broadband even after all these years - in the almost 15 years that I had their landline and broadband connections, I've never had to face any headache about billing.

Have been using Airtel for 4 years now, way too less downtime.

Switched to Jio for 5-6 months in between, (cuz of the OTT freebies, lol) but there was some flaw in their router, wifi kept dropping for a couple of mintues every 5-6 hours. Complained several times, but no resolution.
Jio's customer service was pathetic, you're just another annoying customer to them.
On top of that no bridge mode or anything, so switched back to Airtel.

And you won't believe, I had an up and running internet connection in just a little over an hour of telling the sales person that I am interested in getting a connection. (This service blew my mind BTW).

Is there any issue within Airtel?

There's a fiber cut a 3 days ago. It might have been due to recent thunderstorm that happened in Pune. The LOS led is blinking red.
I raised and SR and it was promptly assigned to engg. Now surprisingly 3 days have gone and no one has even contacted me.
i have escalated every day for 3 times but nothing changed.
There's a call back number given in SMS of the engg. If I call on that number no one picks up.
For the first time I am noticing 3 days downtime.
There's have been instances of fiber cut earlier also but all were fixed within 8 hours and this is for the first time I notice that for 3 days no one is looking into it.
Does anyone have any idea if there's any internal issue going on within airtel? anything like employee unrest, layoffs etc etc

If the main fiber line has been cut, it can take 2-3 days for repair. In my case,the local engineer did visit me once to let me know that it'll take time to repair the main line.

Why don't you reach out on Twitter? I have usually had better luck with their support over social media.

Yeah the main fiber line is generally underground and it takes longer to fix those.

@rohitks Airtel working fine here.. what part of Pune are you in? Maybe there's some road/metro work going on your area?

I know it can take a while to fix fiber cut local or elsewhere so I am not complaining about downtime.
Ironically escalation team has also contacted me couple of times to know the status.
What I am wondering is why for 3 days the field engg has not contacted me nor taken my calls.
It has never happened this way before. After I raise an SR, within 3 - 4 hours I am contacted by engg. Let it take a few days to fix but the first interaction happens in 3 - 4 hours to know what the issue is.
This time it took over 3 days. Finally today evening I got a call from engg. So I was wondering if there's any issue in airtel as a result of which customer might have been sidelined!!

#1 Airtel's support has deteriorated since early 2022. Better to temper your expectations.
#2 Yes I think there may have been some retrenchment and expansion at the same time. Not sure, but all the guys in my area seem overloaded. I had to wait for 5-6 days only to get a static IP.