How is 1&1 Broadband Service in Thane? 4Mbps Unlimited 2,000 a Month OR 8,999 a Year

• Thread starter Thread starter rajanmehta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 14,207
how many new isps will come up??

Received their NEW plan details launched on 26th Jan. Looks interesting. Time to junk Airtel now?

They Seem to offer Internet Via FTTB. same as Beam. So you can try it. Annual Prices are quite good but without knowing Much about a ISP Monthly will be best option.

how many new isps will come up??

It is a Welcome. I am Expecting More Isp's to launch = More Competition = Decrease in Internet cost. :thumbup:

i have been using it since last 4months. didn't knew abt the new plans. in the old plan the cost was just double.speed is pretty consistent. only thing bad is customer service. they simply don't know,how to talk to the customer. if the net is down, you ask them, what's the problem, when it will get solved etc. they will reply in the rudest manner and simply bang the phone. if you call them again, they tell you in the rudest way possible to disconnect the service as you are not doing any favor to them. there is no chain of command, no email to complain, no kind of grievance redressal service.i have personally experienced this behavior and many of my friends too have face the same problem.

from this year, i am facing it on a daily basis approx 30 mins daily. i anticipate it will be more in the summer,when the load shedding starts,as they don't have power backups.the price decrease was bound to happen as fivenet will offering all over thane from feb end. currently it is in limited areas only, they are in the process of laying fiber currently. their plan is unbeatable @ 10,000 yearly (exc ST) @ 10 Mbit plus they offer dc ++.if you want,you can go for the monthly option till fivenet comes.

30 minutes is nothing man. we get 30 minutes of powercuts in 30 minutes here in gurgaon 😀

Yup. but 30 minutes is after i haggle them with my calls. Once i tested them without a call, the outage went for 3 hrs. So if one can deal with them on almost daily basis, then it's good.

u shud be better off on fivenet provided ur cablewalla implements it right.

Fivenet is certainly better VFM but i don't think it will come to my place anytime soon because of Cable Operator Monopoly. My old cable service provider was bought over by 1&1Broadband, so we can now get their service. Unless Fivenet will have some sort of arrangement with them, it won't be allowed in the complex. Currently 1&1 Broadband says that it has Honesty Net Solution as backend ISP. I was talking to one of their guys and he told off the record that they will provide plans from ISP who will give them better share, suggesting that they may be making more money with Honesty. Why would they allow Fivenet and let their revenue take a hit with lower priced plans?

i agree. i have both in my area. i mean my cablewalla provides the choice of honesty net as well as fivenet. but he always keeps telling ppl to go for hns. though if we ask for fivenet he does provide it. i guess he has bigger margins with hns. hns also does provide upto 25mbps(not unlimited) in my area. but i had more downtime with hns than fivenet. so started using fivenet.

HNS is Closed company? HNS-Ripunjay Getting off it and Joining Hayai? Fivenet has Reasonably Good uptime from what i know.

new plans will be implemented by march end.

today when my old plan expired, i got a call from them surprisingly for the 1st time, saying they have come out with new plans. i opted for the 4 mbps @ 2000 pm. but then the new plan was not implemented. upon calling them, they are saying new plans will be implemented by march end.

if they are implementing from march end, why they are claming new plans from 26th jan?? it's not like they have get it approved from TRAi.

so, i am back to 2 mbps @ 1800 😕

Now 1&1 is also offering following Fivenet plans with DC++ in my area. Sadly the 10 Mbps 10K Annual Fivenet plan is missing from the list.

@ashish
1&1's own plans mentioned in first post of the topic seems cheaper than Fivenet plans but fivenet has DC++.
I have used Fivenet in other area but not with their DC++ functionality.
Does Fivenet's DC++ hubs have lots of content which can then be downloaded at superfast speeds.
Little bit undecided between 1&1's own plans v/s Fivenet DC++ plans offered by them.
What do you suggest ?

Yup. their own plan is cheaper than this piecemeal plan of fivenet. i cannot understand why the annual plan is missing, which was the USP of fivenet. it seems they deliberately skipped the annual plan to keep churning abnormal profits. in that case fivenet should not had entered into an agreement with them. i haven't used fivenet, so i can't comment on dc++, but if the annual plan is available i will definitely opt for it. currently the infrastructure will be the same and maintained by 1&1 for both the plans. only difference will the servers. 1&1 provides HNS and fivenet their own.As for choosing between the plans, rs 400 extra for dc++ will be worth if it is on 24 hrs and data shared is 200 tb +