How Ignorant Sify Is

• Thread starter Thread starter thecoolone
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2,834

thecoolone

Regular
This is what is mentioned in the Terms & Conditions document of Sify !To give you a perspective a normal user can browse very freely within the day and still not utilise the 150 MB limit. Here is a typical usage of the normal userDownload 5 songs - 25 MB (approx 5 MB per song but varies from song to song) Mail usage and standard browsing - 20 MB (an hour of chat consumes only 2 MB per hour and an hour of emailing takes just about 8 MB per hour)Exceptional downloads - 20 MB (varies day to day)Actual Utilisation on a normal day - 65 MBFurther available Limit - 85 MBOur usage analysis (based on actual usage patterns) show that an average user uses approx 25 MB in a day. Thus, 150 MB is 6 times more than the average daily usage thereby making it more than sufficient to meet your day to day requirements. We are confident that with this step all users will have an even better experience with Sify Broadband.WHAT A LOAD OF BULL !!! WHO WERE THESE EINSTEINS WHO DID THIS RESEARCH ??? SIFY SHOULD HIRE SOMEONE QUALIFIED PEOPLES TO DO THESE KINDA RESEARCH !! MAYBE SOMEONE FROM BROADBANDFORUM.COM !!!! LOL

dude i download 150 mb in an hr. what the hell do these guys know about typical usage.

Originally posted by Prophet of the Pimps@Jul 26 2005, 11:47 PM
dude i download 150 mb in an hr. what the hell do these guys know about typical usage.
[snapback]18404[/snapback]
[/quote]

precisely my point !!! only a retard will believe that !!!

lucky u ! u have iGate ! wish they would come to bangalore

SIFY SHOULD HIRE SOMEONE QUALIFIED PEOPLES TO DO THESE KINDA RESEARCH !! MAYBE SOMEONE FROM BROADBANDFORUM.COM !!!! LOL[/b]

may be me... 🙄

You know their ideal usage is1)Never visit any site giving out mp32)Never visit anysite giving softwares which are huge in size3)Never use IRC for file sharing4)Never use Torrents5)Never use any p2p apps6)Never download any Opensource softwares and LINUX iso'sAs all these things cannot be done in a 150mb limit.Quoting Terms and conditions of sify"14.SIFY will be responsible only for carrying data packets and is not responsible for its nature or content. Customer guarantees that the Service will be used for genuine purposes only and will not be used for any immoral or unlawful or socially unacceptable purposes."Still they want to limit what kind of data packets are carried. Let the responsibility rest with the customer. Why police around?

downloading Linux ISOs is socially acceptable in my humble opinion...

Thats why i use since TODAY ( 😀 ) AIrtelsame crap speed, same stuff,.. but no limit

Maybe because, most of the people say: im gonna download a DVDmovie tomorrow morning, and when i come home from work, ill watch it on my bigscreenThese dudes have around 800kB/sand i am using 12kB/sThe full power of internet is not what we can taste

but they are not cheating you! you cannot blame them for not having something what others do not have. coz no one else have what you in the end wants!

Yes, from what I have heard, they (airtel) at least usually give u what they promise, tho I have herad that they block IRC every few days.This just goes to show their (Indian ISPs) stupid setup. How can viruses affect ur comp just cos a port is open? ISPs comps are not supposed to be stupid commodity crap. They are supposed to be hardened Unix/Linux/Even Windows stuff with firewalls and proxies that pass traffic thru but don't let any on to the local compie firewall rule = if aimed at my (server) IP reject packet else pass packet thru.And I don't get sify blocking ports all the time due to viruses, worms etc. They use SQUID which means they run *nix based systems, which have fewer vulnerabilites, at least to worms etc (true, they are still vulnerable to some security exploits, but why wud any hackr target siy, unless he was say, a subscriber of theirs?)

ISPs which block user-oriented service ports like IRC, P2P etc. are cheating customers. They have no right to this. This nonsense is done in offices where employees are restricted in using the internet since they get paid to do their jobs. Whereas ISPs' subscribers pay THEM to use the internet :angry: !