how frequently are you on the forum?

• Thread starter Thread starter prathapml
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 7,015
Every single day, man...for atleast 10-12 hours!I really want to help people here, guys!

i am erratic...sometimes 3-4 hrs a day and then not a single minute for many days 😛

i love cursing sify . this is my mouth peice . this is also a public service announcement forum 😛 i love it

Cursing Sify : In the MacDonald's way :Jaani (Sify) - -_-"Suna hai hamare zamaane ka bandwidth aur speed is zamane ke daam me milta hai ! Kya yeh saach hai ?" :wacko: Cursing Sify : "Hmm.. I am lovin it !!" :lol:

Did anyone like the above composition ??? :lol:

1-2 hours per day, but I'm quite disappointed by the frequency of posts. I think the admins should do more to promote the forum and make it popular. We have more noobs asking for stupid questions over here, rather than useful and interesting articles.

promote the forum. now how could i do that? start spam posting on other forums?and we dont just have noobies posting here. we have some real smart people working hard answering the questions of the people who are the actual target of this website.

Yah, maybe. But smart spamming is the key to popularity on the net. By smart spamming I mean posting links to topics already answered on this community which are now being asked on other communities 😉.Improving the interface, widening the topics on the forum, faster replies, more features (like instant messaging, if your bandwidth permits) would automatically increase the number of people visiting the forum and will make it popular.

..it starts with an advertising budget 😉 ..to date there is none, there is no "product" being sold here, so i have my doubts as to how long this site can continue functioning on just good will.Besides how "hot" would a site about ranting and seeking help with your internet connection be. Personally i don't miss hordes of idiots posting inane requests and generally taking out their frustrations on others.Only reason i happened on this site is because i was sick & tired with my ISP and wondered if there could possibly be anything better out there. Guess how many just give up and decide to use the net at the office instead. For a lot of ppl the net is just for mail...Now if they start cracking down on personal use of the office resources, then maybe ...more might get into looking for their own connection.And when you start this quest, then this site can be a safety valve to blow off some steam assuming thier connection stays up long enough to find out about this site. Even then look at the net offerings in India to date. Even in the cities you would be lucky to find an affordable conneciton that can stream media without skipping.

a question ...here for all those helpful smart people around here ^_^ what is this RSS feed ?....hearing this for some time ...only thing i found out but googling it is that ....it is some kind of notification system ,....is that right??

it's like email. but the website delivers to you when you check it using a feed reader. the latest content from the websites are made accessible to you in the feed reader with excerpts and links to the original article.

try this link in any of the rss fead readers...
http://feeds.feedburner.com/IndiaBroadbandForum

exanple:
Opera Browser
Internet Explorer 7
Firefox Live Bookmarks
Google Reader (http://reader.google.com)