How effective is Public Grievances Portal (PGPortal)?

Very.
Yes.

Reliance? No
BSNL? Usually
Airtel? Never tried
Idea? I did get a call but no resolution

It is for BSNL friends, waited 7 days for them to fix the issue. But none came or fixed it. So posted it in PG. If it is effective i should have done it by Thursday or Friday 🙁 damn today is Sunday.

I even tried once to complain about issues with online booking through Indane Booking System. Problem was not exactly resolved but they sent a cylinder on priority which kind of helped.

Wow nice to hear that, i will update my status here..hope they take swift action

Well it help me felt very effective, engineer him self visited my home and had to sign some documents stating that problem is solved, on top of that got three calls and letter to verify the same.

Last edited:
Wow. Seems PG Portal is quite effective. What all can be complained over there? Mobile and Internet services?

Yes and other govt departments.

I guess you can complain about other companies too, if you know the right department.

For me the local engineer purposefully delayed because I complained online at Bangalore.

Lol this proved BSNL don't care about their customer..

Today i called customer care and asked about closing the landline and broadband connection. Without even asking why you are closing? Do you face any issue with it? The customer care executive said, just visit the exchange and submit for closing of account. Great BSNL you are loosing customers and you are very happy in doing that too!

And btw i didn't get my landline fixed till now and i am still waiting 😀

Bro this is the status in PG Portal

Registration Number : DOTEL/E/2015/34350
Name Of Complainant : Jason
Date of Receipt : 19 Sep 2015
Received by : Department of Telecommunications
Forwarded to : Chennai Telephone Circle
Officer name : <snipped>
Officer Designation : CGM
Contact Address : CGM Chennai Telecom District
78, PURASAWAKKAM HIGH ROAD,
CHENNAI600010
Contact Number : 04426425959
e-mail : cgm_chennai@bsnl.co.in

Grievance Description : My landline is dead since September 12, 2015, i have raised a complaint online, called the customer care thrice regarding my landline. But till now the landline is not fixed and i am not able to use my Broadband service. Another family in our apartments also using BSNL, they too raised a complaint but till now no representative came to fix or check the landline. We are suffering without a landline and broadband service. This is the fifth time the landline is down and for the fifth time it takes more than 5 days to fix an issue. Kindly look into the issue and do the needful.

Date of Action : 21 Sep 2015

Does it mean they have taken some action? or still in progress because i haven't got my landline back.