How does Reliance Jio Gigafiber compare to Airtel broadband?

dragonball

ߪδə ЩªĻª
[OP]
Regulars
Jun 3, 2007
NCR
I am using Airtel Fiber 40mbps 100gb per month for 500 rupees. I dont need more than 200gb data per month.

Is there any advantage of switching to Jio fiber?

Last edited:

Smh

Regulars
Nov 7, 2016
wait for official plans to launch, their combo plans could be cheaper.

MSR Murthy

Regulars
Dec 31, 2016
Hyderabad
My ultimate interest is Triple play plan and can pay for it only. Any thing else freely available till that time is ok for me.

Jun 23, 2019
Their backend team is pathetic.

I showed interest for getting a connection to Jio fiber executive, he said your neighbour building which have 8 houses in it out of 8, 3 houses showed interest in getting connections. So totally 3+1(me) four connections confirmed.

Jio fiber executive said in my neighbour building a fiber terminal box will be installed after that they can give the required 4 connections. Fibre terminal box was installed on 14 June but still that box is not enabled and not marked as ready for sale by their backend team because of which executive can't give or book connections.

15 days gone still the executive says the ports in the box are not enabled by their backend because of this he can't give connections. This shows how immature their backend team is hope they will get improved after commercial launch.

Reactions: msingh

msingh

Regular
Regulars
Jan 22, 2008
Vishal, don't get frustrated in just one month, I have been waiting for last 1 year, 600 flats in my society, have given approval last year, fiber is there but they're not able to install the terminal saying we are yet to get the approval

Reactions: vishwajeet

Navjot Singh

Regulars
Sep 7, 2005
Gurgaon
Never ever opt for Jio. The sheer randomness with which they block random popular sites is ridiculous. Just do a twitter search.

Smh

Regulars
Nov 7, 2016
they even blocked godaddy lol

Source

WTF is wrong with jio so much moral policing, using jio is like using internet with parental control that cannot be deactivated.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
https is working from what i read. but yeah, it's stupid. godaddy type companies should be running hsts on their domains.