How does one even apply for Reliance broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter sankalpit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,484
Status
Not open for further replies.

sankalpit

TataSky दुख-
ISP
BSNL Dataone
Hello gang, I need some help here.

I want to apply for a Reliance Wireline Broadband connection, I think Night Zoom 999 best fits my needs.

My problem is I don't know how to get a response from Reliance. I tried to apply with their online form, didn't work. No response, I think the form does not submit properly.

Then I tried to email them at broadband@relianceada.com, again no response from Reliance, just an automated mail that they will get in touch within 24 hours. They haven't.

So how does one even apply for a Reliance BB connection? :beat-up: Do I need to go to a Reliance Webworld? They do not list the phone numbers of Webworld on their website, so I don't want to waste fuel and time and travel ten miles only to be told I am at the wrong place.

Also, does Reliance have any 'initial setup charges' like BSNL?

I would be very glad for any guidance, if anyone has applied for Reliance Broadband recently please let me know how to go about it.

They do respond back - has happened to me each time I applied. Only thing is they get back to you usually in 3 - 4 ... months! Yes, no kidding. When I applied in Jan last year, they called me in April, and earlier this year when I filled their form in March, I got a call 3 weeks back.

Try getting a temporary connection for 3-4 months.. ROFLFor me, I found a hand-bill/pamphlet stuck on the wall of our gate... And made a huge mistake.. I called & took up a connection... And suffered a misery of 3-4 months.My story aside - try to see if you can find something similar. Also, they have advance rental plans, in other words you just need to pay rental amount first & then use.

Mate, do not get Reliance. First I called them on their IVR customer care, and got no response for 3-4 days. So I applied using the online form, I received a phone call 7 DAYS LATER that they will send the technical dept. to my residence in 7 WORKING DAYS!It has been 2+ weeks now and still no body has showed up. They can offer me 100 mbps and I still won't go for Reliance. If this is how they treat a want-to-be subscriber prior to allotting their services, wonder how you will get served once you are a subscriber? Do not opt for such a horrible ISP.

I appreciate the quick and honest responses from all of you.

My big problem is that my Data usage does not fit with my existing Dataone plan anymore, and there is nothing quiet like Night Zoom 999 on BNSL side. If there is some new Dataone plan which is equivalent or better than this, please let me know. I cannot seem to find it.

I have read -and now experienced- that while Reliance is terrible on Cutomer Service side, once you do get the connection working they are quiet good (apart from web login nuisance, but that is a non-issue for me).

So I was wanting to know how I can get the connection in the first place. The way things are working out BSNL customer Service is far better than Reliance, which is laughable when you consider how bad BSNL experience actually is.

The amazing thing -for a telecom company- Reliance do not list the phone numbers of their web worlds or any local offices on their website. No email address either.

Reliance's plans are definitely cheaper. And as of now nothing in BSNL is better (Aug 15, might be a date to watch out, as BSNL updates its stuff sometimes on national important days). Maybe trying calling Customer care using some existing subscriber, which in turn is a good idea to check , i.e. service in your neighbourhood.

I will call Reliance tomorrow. They have two numbers listed on their website: 30337777 and 1800 3000 7777. I'll update this thread with my experience after the call, so everyonce can learn how Reliance experience is.

I don't have much hope of BSNL improving their plans on 15 August. Plan ULD 900 is what I have right now, and the "512 Kbps beyond 8 GB" limitation is just retarded. 512 kbps is like dialup. And you can reach the 8 GB limit in days just by watching some HD videos on youtube, let alone any downloads. The BSNL babus are clearly out of touch with reality.

Even if BSNL doubles the limit to 16 GB, it would still be very crippling. I guess I will just have to bear with BSNL until Reliance give me a connection.

Strangely, when I call those numbers from my landline, it always asks me to call from a reliance number and the call disconnects.

My god, this company has terrible customer service.

I got an email response (at last), but they said that since I do not have a Reliance Mobile phone number, they will not 'process' my request. So in effect, to get a Reliance Wireline Internet service (which has nothing to do with mobiles) you have to buy their other service.

In any civilized country this kind of behaviour would mean punishment for anti-competitive practices, but this is India so I suppose anything goes.

I then used someone else's Reliance mobile to 'book' a request for broadband connection at 1800 3000 7777. I tried hard to find a method to actually talk to a human, but with Reliance that is not possible. You can at best make a request through IVR, and only through a Reliance mobile phone.

Thats news to me, I guess thats why reaching through resellers is faster.

What are resellers? Are there resellers for Reliance Broadband who can expedite the process of getting a new connection?

I cannot seem to find any through google serach, can you guide me how to locate one?

Sorry resellers might have been a wrong word, I meant dealers. Also I am not sure about googling, I would still say check for some posters/bills etc for some contact numbers in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.