How does cashback work on BSNL Broadband FTTH Annual Plan?

but if you already paid for 12 months, why would you get bill the next month? 🤕
u will get bill every month but with zero amount and in cashback case u will get bill of negative amount

I've sent a written request letter by registered post to the BSNL CSC asking them to change my plan to monthly billing asap along with a cheque of Rs 2000 to cover the actual costs (It should be Rs 777 rent for the month of March and Rs 777 as plan deposit plus tax). The letter should be delivered by tomorrow or so hopefully.

Personally visiting the CSC was difficult as I am not in town and would be able to do only after a week or so.

It appears the Kerala specific website has the annual plan amount listed as "As per prevailing cash back scheme" -- -CUSTOMER VALUE-

Ac6ZXXC.webp

🤷‍♂️

My request letter is still not shown as delivered, didn't realise Registered post was so slow, should have just used Speedpost. 🙁

Last edited by a moderator:
My plan change request letter got delivered today as per India post tracking, just now logged in to the self care portal and I see that there is a SR created similar to the one created when my plan was converted to annual billing.

nSNJZ1F.webp

The My Facilities page has been updated as well, and I no longer see the annual billing line item.

PBvx2ZL.webp

So it appears the plan change was processed without further delays (other than IndiaPost taking a week to deliver a letter from Bangalore to Perumbavoor 🙄) and things are back to normal.

The payment history is not updated yet, perhaps it will be updated only once the cheque clears. The outstanding amount is not updated yet too. Maybe when the next bill is generated.

Payment history of Rs 2000 is now updated, got an SMS as well saying payment received. Outstanding amount was also reduced by Rs 2000.

The plan change related changes in the outstanding amount hasn't shown up yet. Would need to wait for the next bill I suppose.

Today I logged in to the self care portal and the outstanding has reduced to -51. My due for usage till March 31 should have been just 777 x 2 + (some 10 Rs as telephone charges) plus tax which comes to around Rs 1845 and I had paid Rs 2000. It doesn't add up, anyway I guess would need to wait till the bill is generated sometime this week or next.

I wonder if they added any extra charges for not paying the full due as per the previous invoice (for the annual plan), anyway will wait and see.

cYHNv4J.webp

Got the bill and its all good. They have charged me Rs 277 less as the plan deposit 😉 ie only Rs 500 deposit for the 777 plan.

Kt1VuQf.webp

So my total due is

March - Rs 777 (+ 9.6 misc phone call) + tax
April - Rs 777 + tax
Deposit - Rs 500

Which adds up to Rs 2345.048. I paid Rs 2000 and Rs 10 discount for e-bill which puts my due at Rs 335.048 as per my calculations and the bill says the same! 🎉

h5MfrNi.webp