How do I connect BSNL Broadband with my Cisco IP Phone

• Thread starter Thread starter anilgupta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,790

anilgupta

ISP
BSNL
Hello I have a BSNL broad band connectin....i want to connect Cisco IP Phone 7960 series to use as VOIP.....but it is not connecting through BSNL broadband...The modem BSNL has provided is UT300R2U But i am able connect this CISCO IP phone through AirTel and TATA Indicom broadband can some pls help me to set up my Cisco iPhone with this bSNL braodband connection ethernet cable is connected to my iphone and anoher cable from iphone is connectected to the PC

members/anilgupta/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co
Are you using different modems for the connection for Airtel and Tata Indicom ?
May be UT300R2U lacks some settings. compare.

ref:Ut 300r2u - India Broadband Wiki
UT-300R2U ADSL MODEM MENU

I tried to change to DHCP mode....

the defalt selection is: Disable New bios over TCP/IP

the other option is:
Use Netbios setting from DHCP Server, If static, IP address is used or the DHCP server does not provide NetBios setting enable NetBios over TCP/IP

i am not able to select this options as the radio buttion here is not active......
pls suggest how do i sellect NetBios setting from DHCP...so DHCP is selected

Thanks

members/anilgupta/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co
Are you using different modems for the connection for Airtel and Tata Indicom ?
May be UT300R2U lacks some settings. compare.

ref:Ut 300r2u - India Broadband Wiki
UT-300R2U ADSL MODEM MENU

Yes..i am using different modem for the Airtel and Tata Indicom from different location

This modem UT300R2U am using with bsnl.....also i have to dial every time to connect through bsnl....i tried the ref links you provided...but not able to open the link: 192.168.1.2

I tried to change to DHCP mode....

the defalt selection is: Disable New bios over TCP/IP

the other option is:
Use Netbios setting from DHCP Server, If static, IP address is used or the DHCP server does not provide NetBios setting enable NetBios over TCP/IP

i am not able to select this options as the radio buttion here is not active......
pls suggest how do i sellect NetBios setting from DHCP...so DHCP is selected

Thanks

Yes..i am using different modem for the Airtel and Tata Indicom from different location

This modem UT300R2U am using with bsnl.....also i have to dial every time to connect through bsnl....i tried the ref links you provided...but not able to open the link: 192.168.1.2

Hi Anil,

I can just give an idea to you for properly connecting and configuring your Cisco ip phone. I believe that Your ip phone is connected in the right manner, ie, Router to IP Phone via the WAN port of the IP phone and IP Phone to PC through LAN,rite?
Go throught the below document in configuring the IP Phone.
http://www.internet2.edu/sip.edu/200507-workshop/Configuring_Cisco_Phones.doc
What you will have 2 do is you have 2 enable dhcp,configure the router parameters and DNS Server Parameters.Also check whether the phone has UPnP option. This is regarding the phone.
Now your ADSL Router needs to be configured for PPPOE connection, By default routers ethernet address will be 192.168.1.1, you can access the router configuration menu from this address.Specify username & password as admin. Check or select PPPoE/PPPoA encapsulation instead of bridge mode.
Specify the username and password that you use to connect to internet in the PPPoE connection section. Set ADSL mode to Auto-Syn Up. Enable NAT and DHCP in the Router and Specify the starting address in the DHCP pool,now the router acts as a DHCP server.After configuring router save and restart the router.Wait for a while until an address from the DHCP pool is assigned to the computer and IP phone. Now if you check ip address of the pc using ipconfig from command prompt you will see an ip address 192.168.1.xxx and this is your privat ip address. Most probably the router assigns first and second addresses in the DHCP address pool to IP Phone and PC. Now that physical connection is establish you need to check the VOIP connection. If the IP Phone has a UPnP option and UPnP is enable in the router(by default UPnP should be enabled)then the voip port will get automaticall forwarded elseyou will need to port forward it to 5060 or 5061 port. For more details regarding port forwarding visit PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall...

I beleive this can resolve the issue...I am not giving 100% guarantee...mostly it should work...

Try these steps and let me know...
Have a nice time....
Bobby Thomas,
Trivandrum,
Kerala.