How do i configure an always on connection

• Thread starter Thread starter uday_ananth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 7,198
This might help you. 🙄

Originally posted by agnivo007@Apr 21 2005, 10:19 AM
Hi ways2gain,
BSNL service is reported to be unsatisfactory in central & S.Kolkata. I don't know where u stay. In N.Kolkata, things are fine ! In fact u should immediately call DataOne fault repair to check your line for line attenuation and SNR. As for ur question, things are same for win98 and winXP.
Do the following : In TCP/IP prop. of network adapter, set to obtain IP automatically.
Connect ur modem lan cable to pc and fire 192.168.1.1 to access management interface. For default login, read manual. Enter userid,pass,conn.type=PPPoE LLC,defaultroute=on,nat=on,virtual circuit=on, always on=on,VCI=35,VPI=0,mru=1458,dhcpmode=server.
Now save settings and reboot PC and modem. It has been set for always on and autodial. If you plug in the modem to a switch and connect multiple PCs to the switch, all PCs will gain access. If u have single pc just connecting lan cable to modem and PC will do fine. I have been using the router functionality and works fine.

All the best,  😉
[snapback]8284[/snapback]
[/quote]

harirajesh must be a managerial types 8-Pcheck out appaji.net for a link to a BSNL FAQ... and please don't ask me to give you screenshots or a direct link 😎

create a PPPoE connection... go to the properties and click on th options tab.. and uncheck the second option there reffering to " prompt for username and password" and then clikc on ok.. copy this icon from the desktop and paste it in the start up file.

But that's not the actual way. It would fail in multi-user configurations. One has to make settings in the modem for proper always on and plug-n-play net access.

Originally posted by ar007@May 7 2005, 10:36 AM
But that's not the actual way. It would fail in multi-user configurations. One has to make settings in the modem for proper always on and plug-n-play net access.
[snapback]8941[/snapback]
[/quote]
it wont... coz u chose the option put there as allow all users to use it.. plug and play never works for dsl modems