How do I activate Happy Browsing on my BSNL Broadband connection?

Is Happy Browsing still working for you? (December 2018)

• Yes

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 85.7%

• Total voters
@thenextstar yes I too have posted on Twitter also can you give me the link where it is saying it's 45gb instead of 15 GB also the strange thing is that my plan is still on 249 so what they are doing I don't know...so for
Yes, as @pothi mentioned I am talking about articles posted by some reputed Online portals. link-removed also posts the same here, BSNL Increases Price of Rs 249 Broadband Plan to Rs 299 and Offering Three Times More Data.

My plan has been updated to "Base-I-H-DLY-8MB-1.5G-1MB-M" and also throttles past FUP. The servers however are slow to count usage so I get around 2GB of High speed before the speed throttles.

499 offers 25gb. Would that work? Or did you mean the happy browsing?
I mean to say that is 499 plan valid or it will also be discontinued like the 249 plan because 1.5 GB fup is just not tolerable if 499 works then there will be meaning to keep this connection otherwise this if no use...

That I have seen @pothi @thenextstar so according to that we will get only 1.5 GB of dialy fup of 8mbps and later 1 Mbps seriously. 1 Mbps no use.... so what you are going to do migrate or will stay on the same plan...

I mean to say that is 499 plan valid or it will also be discontinued like the 249 plan because 1.5 GB fup is just not tolerable if 499 works then there will be meaning to keep this connection otherwise this if no use...

Got it. I think 499 is likely to stay for at least a year or until Jio fiber publish their plan.

My BSNL connection is a secondary connection at home. So, no harm for me cancelling it. I am likely to cancel when I visit home in about 10 days. I don't think BSNL would revise plans within 10 days. Last time, when they withdrew Sunday calling and other calling benefits, a lot of people sent disconnection requests. Only then they reinstated Sunday calling and other benefits. So, I might as well cancel to show my disappointment.

I can live without happy browsing, but can't live with daily data limit. For daily data, I already have a 4g sim where costs are much less than what BSNL charges. Of course, there is 499 plan. But, why would I pay double the amount than what I currently pay just to get monthly data benefits that I had been enjoying with 249 plan?!

I'm sure there's going to be a good number of disconnections when users get their bill next month.

@thenextstar yes I too have posted on Twitter also can you give me the link where it is saying it's 45gb instead of 15 GB also the strange thing is that my plan is still on 249 so what they are doing I don't know...so for 249 we should get 15 GB but we are not getting also I got my unbilled amount due for this month so what is happening I don't know. If the plan stays on 249 then they should provide 15gb fup otherwise there will be violation of rules...

I'm guessing the 45 gb is a marketing gimmick, meaning 1.5gb/day for 30 days ( a month) equals 45 gb data. They skillfully avoid mentioning that there's a 1.5gb daily FUP limit exhausting which the speed reduces to 1Mbps. Instead, they mention 45gb data at high speed (@8mbps) per month ONLY @299.

Yesterday I was disconnected from PPPoE after 1.5GB and then speed was reduced to 1mbps. Unfortunately I downgraded the package from 499 to 249 last month only and was enjoying Happy Browsing.

But today I have used around 2.7GB and speed is still 8mbps, not rebooting or disconnecting in fear that it will drop again. But seems we will get Happy Browsing on this too and daily limit will be a gimmick.

EwEbXbk.png

@matureuser Are you sure the image you posted reflects your usage details from today? Any chance the usage details are from December 1 ( yesterday) and have not been updated for today?

@sniper You're right. I realized after posting here, when went to selfcare portal to see the usage. From 1/12 to 2/12 unbilled usage matched the one in image. Seems 1.5GB plague will be there then, I just didn't hit at that time, and it would be tough to tell when and how much is left daily as cumulative usage will add up after-FUP data too.

Today I called customer care 1500 and told them about the issue they told me that my plan is still on 249 and as per them I have used 2gb data and the fup is 15gb they also could not understand why is this happening so they have lodged a complain let see what will happen...

the change only happened from december. i received a email from them saying about the increase in plan amount.till november it is on 249. like pothi suggested may be it will take time to get the selfcare updated with the new name.

Everyone please use an specific # on Twitter so that everyone can join and they can understand about this... please share the specific # on this forum...
Everyone have to come together otherwise it will not going to be happen.

ya only if protest comes use will be there. giving minimum d/l speed of 8 mbps and after FUP speed of 1mbps makes no sense.earlier for 2mbps , 1mbps was the the capped speed, shoud increase to 4 or 2mbps.

service providers are again looting customers. earlier voice plans were for 30 days they reduced the number of days to 28 then to 24 now its 22.