How do I activate Happy Browsing on my BSNL Broadband connection?

Is Happy Browsing still working for you? (December 2018)

• Yes

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 85.7%

• Total voters
The speeds slow down after you reboot the modem after crossing 1.5 Gb's. If you do not reboot the modem i.e. are on the same IP then the speeds remain at Pre-FUP speeds even after you cross 1.5 Gb's.

We can test this theory on a daily basis.

IP change may be needed for plan change that is likely needed only once.

Once the plan is changed, I don't think that keeping the same IP would help to extend the FUP limit. If that is the case, before happy browsing, the line speed would not have come down.

So, people can stay in the previous plan for the next few days by keeping the same IP. The IP changes every few days. I haven't seen the same IP for 4 days. So, the days of happy browsing is going to end for everyone in the next few days.

I can confirm that Happy Browsing is no longer working and my plan speed has also been reduced to 1mbps post fup.

Can anyone advice if we can switch to 199 or 299 BB plan from BSNL Selfcare portal?

What's the point having a Broadband and paying 350Rs a month for 1.5GB/day.

Contemplating whether I should get the BB disconnected.

Looks like the Happy Browsing thing was never meant to last this long. Apparently, someone at BSNL forgot to upgrade the server scripts until now.

Thinking of switching to JioFi. Home broadband is becoming quite redundant at this point, especially with FUP limits back in place.

Last edited:
I can't find my broadband plan on bsnl website anymore. I am on the BB Combo ULD 1599. Anyone having any information about this plan?

@mayank yadav - did you get a happy browsing page right after exhausting the FUP? Right now when I check the http://172.30.3.134:9090/ssssnpm/promotional.jsp all it shows are upgrade and decline options. I’m on FTTH by the way.

Sorry for the late reply. The link you mentioned did not work for me also, i think they have completely switched to the new portal. Here's the link: http://172.30.139.25:9090/ssssportal/promotionalFupRedirection.do
I have been activating via this link since 3 months now.

@InkTone The plan is mentioned in my signature.

Looks like the Happy Browsing thing was never meant to last this long. Apparently, someone at BSNL forgot to upgrade the server scripts until now.

Thinking of switching to JioFi. Home broadband is becoming quite redundant at this point, especially with FUP limits back in place.
Yep. Happy Browsing is finally over. Confirmed from my BB Combo ULD 1599 plan.

I believe BSNL changed only the 249 plan. Other plans may continue to be charged at the previous rate with the previous FUP.

Sorry for the late reply. The link you mentioned did not work for me also, i think they have completely switched to the new portal. Here's the link: http://172.30.139.25:9090/ssssportal/promotionalFupRedirection.do
I have been activating via this link since 3 months now.

@InkTone The plan is mentioned in my signature.
I got the following message after clicking the happy browsing button:

Dear Sir/Madam,
NOT FOUND. Reason: No session found with sessionIP: xxx.xx.xxx.xx
Kind regards
BSNL Broadband

Last edited:
Hold on, i just noticed something. I had activated Happy Browsing from the link i posted above and it got added to my profile successfully. Then i had to go out and know that am back at my home . I checked the User Profile page and the Happy browsing plan had vanished from my profile only my base plan was present. So i again activated it and now again it's added to my profile. What the hell is going on. LOL 😛

I have a friend who is on the 999 Plan. Happy Browsing is not available for his plan but he's still getting PreFUP speed even after crossing the FUP Limit. He used to be redirected to the Happy Browsing page before but now no more redirecting and still runs at preFUP speed even after crossing the FUP Limit. He is on the 999 plan since 2015.

Okay, I logged in and tried the above link again and I got the following message.

Dear Sir/Madam,
Promotional Plans are not set as per defined in configuration
Kind regards
BSNL Broadband