How do I activate Airtel mobile prepaid ?

• Thread starter Thread starter genie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 95,174

genie

woot !
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel
I finally got fed up with people giving me funny look when I tell them I do not use a mobile phone :crying:, so I got a mobile phone few days back and submitted all required docs for a Airtel prepaid number to some local dealer.How do I get it activated ? Should I call 59059 or does Airtel call me ? If I try to call I get a "Emergency calls only" response...wtf ? should I call 100 and tell the police to kick some butts in Airtel ? LOL :Boy Thumbs Up:somebody please help me.....:crazy1:

wow. so no one came for verification to your place?

Nope.I am already a Airtel landline and broadband customer for 8+ years..... I don't know why they got to verify again.

lol. mobile verification is in a class of its own. people with years old connections found themselves with a suspended connection because their re-verification failed. 😀

I see a lot of construction workers with mobile phones. I wonder how they verified them...they live in temporary sheds at sites. lol

Those type of connections are probably the reason we regular folks suffer in the end.

The mandatory verification is probably because of mobiles used by terror outfits and criminals

Lame excuse in the end. Terrorists would not use connections that were taken years ago :-D if they are stupid enough to use mobiles in the first place.

Some local dealer. This is prolly the reason why. Unless, of course, it was a proper airtel shop. In any case, do people come for verification for prepaid too? Hasn't ever happened to me.

It is sold mostly through local dealers because Airtel closed several shops/customer care centers to cut down operating cost.I guess the local dealers must be batch processing to save a trip to the Airtel center.....I keep forgetting we live in India...LOL

What is the customer support email for prepaid mobile ? They got some Kannada speaking loonies at the phone support....yesterday it was a woman who sounded like a dd kannada news channel reader....today it was a gruff sounding old deaf man who kept repeating "aaaah...aaaa ?...aaaah ...aaa? "