How do Beam gives Internet at so cheap rates???

• Thread starter Thread starter Saturn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5,065
The question needs more definition, but if you mean "how do they give high speed internet at such cheap rates?", my first answer would be that speed doesn't cost, data does.

Secondly, buying bulk bandwidth from only 1 supplier really helps with the wholesale pricing.

Otherwise the FTTB model is pretty much the same that's used everywhere: they lay infrastructure which is theoretically capable of 100mbit/s per subscriber, why not let it be used for plans faster than like 512kbit/s?

^ the reason might be that beam customers have now been fatigued by the excessive downloading due to high speeds :vamplaser:hence are not using their conns to the fullest...hangover u know and in turn beam manages to sail through with relative ease.

----------

moreover they have a humongous customer base now..they are already in the top ten i guess.

Bobbyguitar

"beam" ing..........Iam not sure Joy or sarcasm?:1huh (2):

working ok? or down again?

post a speed test.

Just saw ref to kathmandu server. Normally I do Bombay or chennai.Sometines it autoselects Colombo.

Speed not bad.:witless:

https://www.speedtest.net

But my work is with Newyork exchange ,USA.That too ok I think. (around 350)

https://www.speedtest.net

beam customers have now been fatigued by the excessive downloading due to high speeds hence are not using their conns to the fullest...hangover u know and in turn beam manages to sail through with relative ease.

If you remember, that's what mg had also said. If this happens with Hayai, we may see quite cheap prices of flat rate plans not late after the launch.

moreover they have a humongous customer base now..they are already in the top ten i guess.
I'd Say they're Top 6 or Top 5. you should agree with it. They've got around 2,10,000+ Customer base.. I am getting reports that are not getting much new connections now a days unlike in the starting.... Due to bad reviews on the Internet,Downtimes and their lazy service(ok)
Even though Guys like me are satisfied with speeds but their service response time is 24 Hours.
I think I am getting Reliance in this month due to downtimes by Bheem! I am really pissed off and i have decided to keep this as a back up connection.
If you remember, that's what mg had also said. If this happens with Hayai, we may see quite cheap prices of flat rate plans not late after the launch.
that wouldn't happen in Hyderabad for next two years. I can bet !! 10,000 Bucks? the only hope for me like hayai would be Beam ( especially as they're doing underground fiber and changing their equipments soon)

Bobbyguitar

"beam" ing..........Iam not sure Joy or sarcasm?:1huh (2):

He meant, He is confused what to download? Even i was in same state when i was not fuped for whole month.

----------

^ the reason might be that beam customers have now been fatigued by the excessive downloading due to high speeds :vamplaser:hence are not using their conns to the fullest...hangover u know and in turn beam manages to sail through with relative ease.

Yes, that is why we want 50mbps now! for the price of 10mbps 😛

Ah.. i've seen their advertisement in some threads. is it operational?

No is not operational....but it will start soon 😀