How can I Receive and send Mail

• Thread starter Thread starter Marzouquie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 9,173

Marzouquie

Hi Freinds,

Eid Mubarak

Well, Any of my friend help me, how i can configured Outlook Express to receive e-mail from Yahoo and Hotmail. and send e-mail from Outlook Express to Yahoo and Hotmail.
Step by step instruction will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

What you are talking about is pop/IMAP access,

Yahoo does not offer pop access to its free customers ,only paid users get it,

General instruction for POP enabled pop accounts.

Go to Tools >accounts> select mail and then add(mail) ,connection wizard opens
coose any name

Next write full Email address (eg. Marzouquie@yahpoo.com)

select pop/IMAP based on what your Email provider is offering

Write pop server name(something like pop.yahoo.com) server address is usually given on the website ,Gmail provides that under help Setting pop access once you open account with them.

Similar for smtp(smtp.yahoo.com) .most provider dont provide smtp access for fear of spamming. so leave it blank ot fill it Your ISPs smtp server adress if it provides that.

Next
Account name: full mail address
password:your password

Select remember password ,if you want it retreive mail auto.

SPA settings :again depend on Provider to provider (leave it blank if not sure.)

Next finish

Again go to Tools >accounts >mail
select your mail accounnt and go to properties

select advanced

Fill in PORT nos(most provider have default 110,25 for pop and smtp but not all EX. gmail has different for different Email clients ,check that with your provider).

also set ssl settings which is again different fo different providers ,like gamil have it.

Select ok

That's it,your account is set to retrieve mail .

AS for info listing some free pop Email providers

Gmail,hotmail(settings might be different),bluebottle.com,

Nope.... Hotmail does'nt provide free pop access....
Can try Bluebotte service.. Its Gud...
www.bluebottle.com..
Or
www.Gawab.com

Hotmail does not provide pop access but ,but they have something similar to it for free customers ,and only few clients like outlook are able to retrieve it.

Originally posted by sachin214@Nov 2 2005, 09:40 AM
Hotmail does not provide pop access but ,but they have something similar to it for free customers ,and only few clients like outlook are able to retrieve it.
[snapback]30280[/snapback]
'
hotmail has been with outlook express since a long time.... its very easy to configure.

yahoo is paid... you have to purchase the extra 20 $$ acct to get pop3/smtp enabled

currently the best of the bunch remains gmail... it offers free pop3/smtp and more space than most..

If u need a gmail invite pm me and ill gladly send one

Last edited by a moderator:
microsoft disabled outlook express for most users a couple of months back. they claimed that it led to spamming. but everyone knows that outlook express won't show the horrible ads which hurted them.

4 those users who have already used d hotmail trick 2 increase their mail quota 2 250 mb, hotmail is still accessible from OE. im still using it. 4 d 250 mb trick u can search it at www.muskurahat.com

I have a question too, has anybody been successful in popping email through the pop3/imap client built in Nokia series 60 phones ?I have a gprs conx. on my mobile (ngage) but not been able to successfully to retrieve any emails on it.I've tried configuring Gmail and MTNL's Bol Mail(Both POP3).

Originally posted by TheMafioso@Nov 2 2005, 08:47 PM
I have a question too, has anybody been successful in popping email through the pop3/imap client built in Nokia series 60 phones ?
I have a gprs conx. on my mobile (ngage) but not been able to successfully to retrieve any emails on it.I've tried configuring Gmail and MTNL's Bol Mail(Both POP3).
[snapback]30358[/snapback]
[/quote]

yea i use it all the time... for s60 fones gmail config is very easy..
mind u .. u will need the apn connection the plan vanilla gprs will not work.. you need the full blown tcpip connection .

i forgot to mention just enable security from your fones options ...if u are still confused let me know i will post the full detailed settings

Originally posted by jayesh@Nov 2 2005, 08:56 PM
yea i use it all the time... for s60 fones  gmail config is very easy..
mind u .. u will need the apn connection the plan vanilla gprs will not work.. you need the full blown tcpip connection .
[snapback]30362[/snapback]
[/quote]

But For accessing Gmail, you need to enter server's port number(which is 995 for incoming and 25 for outgoing), i don't see any field for putting them in Mailbox configration. So how did u put them in the phone, 'cause i believe this is the reason, why gmail is not working in my phone.

BTW, i've have enabled security and yes please post the complete configration, it may happen that i've entered some other fields wrong.

Originally posted by TheMafioso@Nov 2 2005, 09:09 PM
But For accessing Gmail, you need to enter server's port number(which is 995 for incoming and 25 for outgoing), i don't see any field for putting them in Mailbox configration. So how did u put them in the phone, 'cause i believe this is the reason, why gmail is not working in my phone.

BTW, i've have enabled security and yes please post the complete configration, it may happen that i've entered some other fields wrong.
[snapback]30366[/snapback]
[/quote]

what s60 are u using im currently on my umpteenth s60 handset the n70 and its working fine on it.

from under mailbox settings of the mailbox u have created i.e. main mailbox---> email settings -------->mailbox settings ------->scroll down to security ports choose security 995/993 ........ and disable apop secure login. Thats it that is all that is required....

Originally posted by jayesh@Nov 3 2005, 01:01 AM
what s60 are u using im currently on my umpteenth  s60 handset the n70 and its working fine on it.

from under mailbox settings of the mailbox u have created  i.e. main mailbox---> email settings -------->mailbox settings ------->scroll down to security ports choose security 995/993 ........ and disable apop secure login. Thats it that is all that is required....
[snapback]30402[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well i'm using ngage QD, which runs on symbian 6.1, i guess, n70 with its newer OS would have these port options.

Originally posted by TheMafioso@Nov 3 2005, 01:23 PM
Well i'm using ngage QD, which runs on symbian 6.1, i guess, n70 with its newer OS would have these port options.
[snapback]30450[/snapback]
[/quote]

there is a way out .. try getting profimail... a 3rd party symbian programme... it works fine with gmail... and allows u to set the port and ssl on