How can i fix high ping problems on BSNL Ftth?

• Thread starter Thread starter jtnrao7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 9,610
Only ISP can fix it.

PUBG Server Ping:- Screenshot

Local server ping:- Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Ping on Hongkong server:- Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Ping on Singapore server:- Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

I can't play games on such high pings. Can someone pls tell me how can I fix this?

1. PUBG Server Ping website you're using is inconsistent and non-reliable. (Disavow)
2. HongKong Server is not PUBG's Region for India. (Disavow)
3. Test 3-4 more servers in Singapore.
4. Your Local Ping is fine. Airtel has 7ms, Hathway has 13ms.

It can be the case of poor routing as well but I will wait for your other Singapore Tests.

they dont even know the meaning of ping

Not all of them. I had a terrific ping / packet drops. Went to the nearest exchange. The previous JTO (who was very close to me) transferred to another exchange. Anyway, I went to the new JTO and said firmly that I can't browse the internet smoothly due to ping / packet drops. The telephone line is okay. I am on ADSL. She (JTO) understood and fixed it within 30 minutes by collaborating with the staff. After making sure the fix is consistent for the next 48 hours, I went again and thanked the JTO. This is the experience that my friends have had in the nearly exchanges too. Of course, in a very big city near my village, BSNL services are pathetic, like "what's ping". If you get such pathetic responses and if you don't know how to get the work done in BSNL by approaching the higher authorities directly, just run away from BSNL and find an alternative ISP (if any).

Btw, a stupid question/s... do you use the DNS provided by BSNL? Have you tried different DNS? DNS plays a role in routing and in ping times, if you are not aware.

In short, only ISP can fix it, if you tried everything you can. I wouldn't rely on BSNL for gaming (even if it is on FTTH).

People use Jio 4G for Gaming. You can use that too.

Yes, I am talking about PC.

Hi ,

i am using bsnl ftth and i am getting only 20ms ping to Pubg India server ( Chennai and BLR ) lower than all private isp i have tried in my area.
To mumbai pubg server i get 37-42 ms ping.
To singapore pubg server i get 64- 80ms ping but ping test to singapore speedtest.net servers are like 50-55ms ping only.

Also i suggest you to use Cloudflare DNS which is 1.1.1.1
Set 1.0.0.1 as primary DNS
and 1.1.1.1 as secondar DNS.

Idk if you believe it or not after using it my ping to pubg servers , chennai major speed test servers (Airtel ACT Vodafone etc ) became 19ms and bangalore around 20-23 ms and i am fron Trivandrum , Kerala almost 600 kms away from these places.
Also connection is stable than using bsnl own dns.

But not that Sometimes net will get disconnected when cloudflare servers are downfor maintenance.

Last edited: