How can i download Torrents on sify

man, now i'm really confused about this torrent thingy 🤔i'm downloading one movie of 793.54 MB...the summary window shows it's downloaded 88.8% and Total Downloaded - 849.46 MB??? and in the statistics window Total Downloaded - 1.58 GB (in 2 days) 😱but my MTNL statistics match up with the statistics...Bytes Uploaded - 641749244Bytes Down loaded - 919414831Logged In Time - 7/5/05 12:03:53 AMLogged out Time - 7/5/05 8:31:34 AMDuration (HH:MM:SS) - 8:27:41now my question is what am i downloading extra??? :wub:btw, am using BitComet 0.59

torrents upload data when u are downloading. that is why its a p2p application. and the data u download... sometimes the download data is overlapped with already downloaded data, sometimes the data packets are corrupt or bad. somethings the data packets are redownloaded. all that adds up to extra download part. azereus shows the wasted downloaded data as well...

so does that mean that i've actually downloaded the same amount of data as downloading the movie twice, without downloading it once??? 🤔though it shows "0 bits of rubbish data" in parenthesis... 🙂

Ok ;et me explain this, the Statistics window shows your overall download, ie data downlaoded/uploaded on all torrents till date, mine shows Downloaded 90 GB, that by no means is what I downlaoded last night, isn't it 😉

The Summary window shows what you are downlaoding/uplaoding for that torrent. Now you say you have downloaded 849.46 MB for a 793.54 MB torrent, that is perfectly normal. (Quote Sushubh's Post No. 32 here) 😉,

Now Bitcomet is known for such errors, the best way to reduce these errors is by going to Preferences-->Advanced-->Connections and reduce the Connections to keep per task and Maximum connections per task to around 10, besides many people on Public trackers use Azu MODS etc further increasing errors. My friend used to download twice the data on each torrent even from private trackers, I asked him to reduce the no. of connections and now he downloads around 10-15 mb max extra data which doesn't appear in rubbish data dropped (use Total downlaoded + remaining - Size of torrent = Extra data downloaded)

If you do not wish to download that too, then use some other client like Azureus or BitTornado, I never used them because I'm really used to BitComet now so switching to some other client will be a pain 😉. If you have a ot of CPU and RAM I'd suggest you go for Azureus, BitTornado on the other hand has no queues, every torrent appears in its own window and its a little too messy IMO.

ah...now i'm relieved...thanks mate!! 🙂