How are you guys getting 20+ KBps on torrents?

• Thread starter Thread starter trivisingh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,282

trivisingh

Hi,Usually when I download huge files my average download speed at the end of the download is usually around 14-15 KBps. How are some of you getting over 20 KBps then? I have capped my upload at 25 KBps, even tried setting it to unlimited once but it doesn't help. I am using bit comet, should I be using any other client? Also do I need to do any port forwarding or something? I dont think I need to since the speed does go up to 24 KBps at times but the average at the end of the download is less. If anybody knows how I can increase my speed please let me know...Bye, thanks

ow much do u d/l in a nightif u go above 600MB then ur speed is above 20The catch is to d/l healthy torrents to get good speedsn it also depends on seeders n there upload speed

I will be lucky to make 600 MB on torrents in a night, its usually in the 400 - 500 range. Also the torrents I download seem to have a decent amount of seeders / leechers. I guess anything over 10 connections should give a good speed. anyway i will try my hand at some other clients and see how they perform.

Originally posted by akash@Aug 23 2005, 01:46 PM
try bitlord
i use it n get 700-750MB a night
[snapback]22826[/snapback]
[/quote]

will try it out and see what speed I get, btw what do set the upload limit at? they say that the download speed is proportional to the upload speed, that means I have to set it as high as possible, this true?

cap the upload to around 70-75% of the max..i would cap it at 20-21kBps..you need some of the upload to sustain a high download....

i keep my u/l to 20 (max speed at http is 27 -28)If there r too many leechers i set it to 24i alwayz d/l 2 torrents at a time

hmm after forwarding my ports i have been able to use bit tornado finally.. and it rocks.. always hass... soo much better then bit comet..for some reason i never got decent speeds on bit comet .. i mean.. if it was 2 gb torrent it took me 10 days to download.. 🙁 .. was a very healty torrent..and i downloaded another 2 gb not so healthy.. just 3 seeds and 7 peers!! but i completed 2 gb in 4 days!!!! though on the 4th i had to download only 23 mb 😛 ...i dunno ..maybe bit comet doesnt like. me. it never has 🙁 . anyways... love tornado and gonna stick with it..anyways.. sometimes i upload at 20 KB.. sometimes only at 3-8 or 10-13.. depends on the torrent and how much i can download.. will download a couple of educational stuff tonight .. hehe 😀

i know dudeit took me 12 dayz to complete 5.3 gb iron maiden torrentthis waiting thing sucks :angry: i hope in near future mtnl introduces a all day u/l then i would hav got that thing in 2-3 daysall in all that wait was worth while! 😛 i hav not done any port fwdtry using bitlord

nah i`ll stick to bit tornado... also use abc for qeuing up downloads.. the thing is that i get very good download speeds with bit tornado man..never with bitcomet and even azureus i ever crossed te 600 mb mark 🙁 .. but with bit tornado i`ve been touching the 750 mb mark almost everyday! so well it works for me.. pretty well.i guess you gotta just keep trying which software works for you 😀

hey chicmagnet, have a question for you. I am also trying my luck with torrentstorm. can you tell me how do you forward the ports for it on the router. Also do I change the default ports in torrentstorm from 6881 - 6889 to something else. please let me know about this.

hmm search the forum dude.. i got the port forwarding stuff from here only man..and yaa in torrentstorm let the ports remain the way they are just forward the ports in the router dude.. just do a search for "port forwarding"

Originally posted by chicmagnet@Aug 24 2005, 09:04 PM
hmm search the forum dude.. i got the port forwarding stuff from here only man..
and yaa in torrentstorm let the ports remain the way they are
just forward the ports in the router dude..
just do a search for "port forwarding"
[snapback]23051[/snapback]
[/quote]
did you need a static ip for portfowarding or did you manage using your existing dynamic one.portfowarding.com asks for a static ip.