Hotwire shutting down ?

• Thread starter Thread starter cyberwiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 9,735
Haha SLK, starting to preach to us about who downloads more. Dude, I know what speeds I get, and I get on an average 12KBps download speed. Multiply that by 8 and you get 96kbps down speed, not 128kbps. Hotwire is indeed unreliable but it's not that bad as an isp because I haven't had any disconnection problems at all. Regarding torrents, I also download them but man, I do limit how much I download, I don't want to scare the CTO away.

you said it.... 12KB/snow if i recharge with 128 I get 16KB/s ...alwaysand in case of 64 8KB/s..... so there is a very well marked difference, thats the only point I wanted to make!

Originally posted by sachin214@May 6 2005, 01:35 AM
the hotwire guy (CTO)in my area(vaishali,ghaziabad) has starting providing both hotwire and sify using  the same line for the last two weeks .Looks like there is indeed some trouble with hotwire.
[snapback]8879[/snapback]
[/quote]

That has become the norm these days. My CTO has both hotwire and sify so i can use sify in the day and hotwire at night.

The other cable wallah in my area has sify and exatt both

and about that 64 K v/s 96 K V/s 128 K issue , i think if you constantly download 24 Hrs a day 30 days a month u will obviously notice a difference in terms of data downloaded as the amount of data flowing per second is different. But when it comes to browsing there isn't much noticeable difference between 64 K and 128 K. It is only when u have 256 K and upwards that u notice the difference in browsing.

Originally posted by SLK@May 7 2005, 10:29 AM
you said it.... 12KB/s
now if i recharge with 128 I get 16KB/s ...always
and in case of 64 8KB/s.....

so there is a very well marked difference, thats the only point I wanted to make!
[snapback]8938[/snapback]
[/quote]

Right and my point that I was trying to make was that I was not getting that speed man. I'm on 128 kbps and that's the speed I'm getting. So it's not 16 KB/s.