Hotwire shutting down ?

• Thread starter Thread starter cyberwiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 9,746
Right now, he is undecided on that. Probably around 1500 maximum I would say, since it's a pretty good speed. He has to wait and see how much he is charged from Hotwire itself. But if that does come out, I doubt many here in my area would take it since it would be an expensive package so I would probably get good bandwidth.

on logging on this morning, the hotwire system described my plan as "apollo", instead of ruby... anyway, seems the company's gone in for another name-but-not-speed/tariff-change... however, the techguy at the cto did hint at there being positive repercussions of trai's 70% cut... let's keep our eyes and ears open...

Originally posted by Ryan@Apr 23 2005, 02:14 PM
As of right now, asking my CTO guy hotwire is not shutting down he said. He plans to start offereing 512 unlimited on the package. Switching from 64k to 96k is a noticeable difference, but from 96 to 128 is hardly anything if at all.
[snapback]8344[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have been on Hotwire for 2 years..
it was 64 unlimited.... now its 128...
but for the last 1 week its gone down to 96!!!

And.. I am told Hotwire is degrading its plans!

the exicting 96 would change to 64 and 128 to 96!!

Its not going to be hotwire ... but Primus now! (which was supplying to hotwire till now)

BTW there is a very noticable difference in 96Kbps and 128Kbps. And same with 96 and 64.

Ok confirmed it from my hotwire dude, he said he won't be taking the 512kbps unlimited plan because it will cost very much and most people aren't able to afford it. However, there is an unlimited 512 plan but I doubt most cto's would accept that as it would create a lot of expenditure for them. Slk, there is no noticeable difference man, I am right now on the 128kbps plan and it feels like I'm still on 96kbps. Anyway, I'll be switching to Airtel soon. Will see how their services are.

i wonder what the cto-side machinations are, for the cto's to 'equip themselves' for customers choosing plans like the 512k unltd. and 512k-with-affordable-tariff might only have been possible had trai's 1st may deadline on tariff reductions not been spiked by choo-mofo vsnl.... OOOOOF.anyway, i've gotten bumped down, from the 96k to "apollo" i.e. 64k, but, strangely, am experiencing 96k performance. oh well, with hotwire, one can never tell...

You people don't download much do you?How can you not see the difference between.. every kb of speed!!My monthly usage is in BIG GBs.. so if I get a 128 over 96 .. there is almost a 7 GB difference!.... that is quite noticable! 😉 BTW.. I have the "Vega" but still works at 96.... some problem.. from hotwire's side. Will get to them as soon as i get some time!.

hmm... hold your horses people, and grab your joysticks... we're entering the "my download queue and score is bigger than your..." here... ;-)

So... what was that? you download more than 30 GBs? with a 96 connection :lol:BTW .. I just started getting 128... instead of 96.. a few mins back... 😀

btw, slk, do you use bittorrent? just wondering... have you experienced extreme torrent slowdown, say, at about 98 or 99%, when the transfer rate drops to 0, and little packets of 16k come across only once in a while? it cansometimes take hours to finish a download when it runs into this kind of trouble :-(

Thats not cos of your ISP or internet.. it usually happens when you dont have enough Seeders to that Bit torrent file.. its tends to go slow..

yeah, found that mentioned in a faq i came across today... am on torrentstorm 1.3... it lists 11 seeds and 6 leeches, but am being snubbed by all... oof :-( well, it'll happen, when it happens. no movement past 99.61% for two hours now :-(

yes it always happens.... the last bit is too slow. I use Shareaza. Its the way these things always work..... even one of my friend confirms that!I guess the objective is to make u share the file as long as possible. B'coz our download is 99+% complete we act as a good source for others.

the hotwire guy (CTO)in my area(vaishali,ghaziabad) has starting providing both hotwire and sify using the same line for the last two weeks .Looks like there is indeed some trouble with hotwire.He justifies this by saying that due to competition net tarriffs are falling day by day so he wants his users to get the best of both worlds ,without paying anything extra for new installation .