Hotstar seems to have fixed their login system to kick out other people accessing your account!

Sushubh

Administrator
Just got this mail from them:

Hi,

We recommend you change your Hotstar password to make your account more secure. This will prevent any unintended access to your account.

Once you change your password, devices logged in with the old password will need to be logged in again with the new password. Also, remember to not share your password - you can only watch on one device at a time.

Regards,
Team Hotstar

This does not indicate that they were hacked. Or my account was compromised. But they do seem to claim that if I change my password, all logged in users with that password would be logged out. From my understanding this was not the case until now. Hotstar had no powers to logout anyone. Even if you had changed password of a particular account. In fact, the only way you could get others kicked out of your account was to delete your old account and create a new one and get customer care to shift your pro account from old to new one.

Sushubh

Administrator
so did a test. it seems to work apparently. other user was logged out when i changed the password.

fun thing here. hotstar backend has no option to change password. the only way seems to be to log out and then pick forget your password.