Horrible myway iptv service in hyderabad

• Thread starter Thread starter pefronking
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 25,459

pefronking

ISP
bsnl
guy if your from hyderabad and considering taking this...and take my word for it...just skip it and go for dish tv or wait for iptv services from other reliance or airtel...i have given these people a check of 1500 on 29th of july and was told that my connection would be given 'within a week' and you know what today's date is...8th of aug..more than 10days and the best part was that no one was bothered about calling me back for informing if there was any delay...tens of calls a day go wasted and all they say if it will be installed in 2-3 days...and today the lady at myway office went ahead and said..wait for 5days and we cant do anything..am sure am gonna get this connection after a month...and not so sure whether i will continue...skip this myway iptv guys..learn from my pain :grin:😱hyea:

hey... thats sad i have had similar experience.. i tried contacting them for a new connection but to no avail.... could u pls pass on any number to contact these myway guys for a new connection in hyderabad??? i dont seem to find any, and the ones i have are useless. anyways best of luck with urs and thanks in advance...cheers

dude..i opened a topic to specifically discourage people from taking this myway iptv..but you want to 'jump from the frying pan into the fire' :wall:...kidding...upto you man...040-40273879 and customer care is 01246773344..enjoy :readtherules:

hey thanx... my point precisely... i want to call them and give em my piece of mind !!!! they have no courtesy to return calls either... cant say abt the connection but will certainly make my displeasure felt!!! cheers

know wat?? tht wz d exact point i made to them today...tht de dont have minimum courtesy to call back and inform and the lady immediately shot back saying that they just got the list from bangalore about the unfinished connections and tht shez calling up every1 rite then (which am sure is fake and she said just cover her face)...a very very clever reply...so don't fall for anything she says...just blast her...

Got rid of Myway IPTV recently - why fall for this when i already have Tata Sky +...though the max tariff would be Rs.300 but now they introduce a sports pack for Rs.90 which makes it approx Rs.400 every month + no proper regional channels(Kannada) & we can't even have a second connection - so i instead purchased another TATA Sky STB & got multiroom on annual mega pack for only Rs.125 p.m :urock:

I was praising IPTV services sometime ago but learnt my lesson after the bitter service i had from Myway customer care.
Well if you are talking about the initial customer service - wait untill you experience a real tech or billing issue - customer care reps are not very professional - had a hard time initially to get rid off the connection aswell.

You Just waiting from 15 days for the connection I have applied in May are still waiting for it

guess wat?? they have topped themselves up again...i gave them a cheque of 1500 on 29th july for the connection and on 19th aug i called up the customer care for cancellation of the connection..since nobody was bothered to come and install the connection...and here's the best part..they cashed my cheque after i told them not to..on 21st...and again i call them up and blast them...they tell me that the connection will be given in 24hrs:yahoo: and it's been 45 HRS and nobody's bothered :yahoo: and i call up again for the cancellation and it seems i wont get my money till another 15 days and they cant do anything about it :yahoo:...STUPID MYWAY SERVICE>>>F***ing connection..no one's bothered..they are just swindling people money...stay away from tis bogus company

Thanks to the forum, I am wiser now. Today i got a call from the Myway ( Hyd ) and was offered the services.When I asked about the memory for recording some lady said it is ( 2 GB ( two GB) and after some time somebody else called and said it is about 40 GB and I can record for about nearly 6-8 hrs of TV programs. Whatever it is I saved my money and a certain agony ( going by the experience of several members ). NO Myway IPTV forme. Thanks.

Being a very happy and satisfied customer of BSNL and DataOne for many years, I subscribed for BSNL IPTV in November, 2009 when I was offered a 3 month free trial by BSNL. I paid Rs.1500 in cheque which I was told will be refunded if I wish to cancel my IPTV subscription anytime in these 3 month period. I thought it was an offer from BSNL and didn’t know it involved a third party called “MyWay”.

Eventhough most of the reviews in mouthshut.com about BSNL IPTV were negetive, advicing me not to go for it, I opted for this only because: Firstly it was free for 3 months to try, Secondly I would get my old Dataone modem (Type-I with only one USB and one RJ-45 slot) exchanged for a new Type-II modem(4 RJ-45 slots and wireless) for Rs. 400 extra.

My plight with MyWay:
1. In Nov 2009, MyWay executive came very promptly to collect the cheque on the same day I called for IPTV. This is the only time they responded promptly. I filled and signed on the application form, and also another form requesting for replacement of my old modem with Type-II modem agreeing to pay the difference amount of Rs.400.

2. Wrong commitment: I was misinformed by this MyWay executive that
a) Installation will take 4 days,
b) The cheque I gave will be encashed after 3 months, only if I wish to continue the subscription beyond the free 3 months period, and only after taking my phone consent
c) The difference amount of Rs. 400 for modem replacement will be reflected in my BSNL bill and I can pay them.

3. After a week, I called MyWay customer care, and I was told that it will take one -two weeks. I asked for cancellation of my a/c . But, surprisingly my cheque was encashed on the same day I called (on 25th Nov 2009 SBI Chq.No.294272 encashed for Rs.1,500.00).

4. On 27th Nov 2009(Complaint No. 0001) I called your customer care to know the status of my cancellation, I was told that my cheque is encashed and they got the money, but there is some problem with financial dept. and so my connection can’t be installed. My amount will be refunded in a month. I got angry, but I could do nothing but wait for my refund.

5. Since then, I was waiting for my refund. But surprisingly on 12th Dec 2009 MyWay technician came for installation and installed IPTV with new Set-top box using our old Type-I modem which has only one LAN port. He didn’t get the Type-II modem though I signed the form for modem replacement with new Type-II unit, on the very first day. So, now we can’t have internet and IPTV both simultaneously. I now have either internet or IPTV any one at a given time. I being a software executive, I can’t disconnect my internet. So, IPTV is as good as not installed. He promised for Type-II modem in 4 days.

6. On repeated calling, on 5th Jan 2010 (after one more month) Type-II modem was delivered at my home by some BSNL lineman. But, to my surprise, I am told that I’ll be charged an amount of Rs.1600 for this modem rather than the difference Rs.400 as promised earlier.
Seeing all these prolonged delay, wrong commitments, and misinformation from customer care, I got thoroughly discouraged by Myway service and decided to get rid of Myway service and take my refund money Rs.1500.

7. On 5th Feb, 2010 I called Myway customer care and requested for cancellation of my service. I was told to email a request for cancellation to help@myway.in , and I’ll be getting a confirmation call from them soon. I mailed a detailed request for cancellation mentioning all the agony I have experienced.

8. On 12th Feb, 2010, having got no calls from Myway, I called them to know the status. I was told that they don’t have access to check emails and they need to raise a request for cancellation. So, my cancellation request was given on 12th Feb Req No. 0003

9. On 15th Feb, Myway fellow called me and asked for recharging my a/c. They don’t even know that I asked for cancellation. He asked the reason, I explained him all the story and also told that I’ve been charged Rs.1600 for the modem by BSNL. He said he’ll be mailing a letter to my email and I need to show that at BSNL office to get the refund and also asked if he could send anyone for collecting the recharge amount. I said first let me get modem amount refunded. As expected, the email never came and I had to pay the BSNL bill with late charges waiting for his mail.

10. On 3 April 2010: I called Myway and talked to Nikhil. He said he’ll forward the issue on priority basis. I made it clear that I have completely lost faith in Myway and that they have to give a post-dated cheque for the refund before I handover the set-top box to them.
My Subscriber ID: 100011494 Hyderabad, INDIA

All the calls and emails are going to deaf ears. They dont even bother about them.

Till date, no one from myway has ever bothered to call me. They called me only once and that was to remind me to recharge my account.

What I have lost:
1. The Rs.1500 I paid in cheque to them.
2. The Rs.1600 for Type-II modem, which they said will be refunded by BSNL
3.The mental peace and trust in BSNL

What a sad story pal...

I already got the Myway connection disconnected with a whole lot of problem though but did't incur any major loss.
i'm fed up of bsnl - no wonder they are going down big time. if this continues this company shut down one day. Maybe atleast then the ignorant officials of BSNL & Myway will learn their lesson. i have also been cheated on multiple instance by BSNL - when i had a certain connection issue probably when i took Myway connection - bsnl somehow deleted my old BB account with them & created a new one - also came with it was the Rs.1000 for the modem which was not given to me at all. similarly when i changed plans twice in past they charged security deposit of Rs.1000 or something, i had called bsnl customer care to check if there would be any additional charge and was well assured that no additional charges will be incured but later it did come up in my Bill & because i have auto debit facility with my card company the money was transferred to bsnl account before i realised the flaw and i had to walk up to the local extension to clarify the charges but the lady ignorantly said 'the call center people gave wrong information & she shall pass on the information to them' . Their BSNL customer care is as it is useless & I hate going to local extension because of their ignorance & they make you feel so cheap and worthless 🙁

But all this was a long time ago & i don't have a lot of time to fall behind them to deal with this & i don't have any other proper broadband service so am still using BSNL but the moment another ood operator comes in most of our area people will change from bsnl. If only Tata Photon + was a totally dependable i would still have disconnected bsnl.

I wish there was solution to our problems.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 AM ----------

& yes not to forget the charges i incured when i took BSNL IPTV from IOL - i don't remeber how much i paid for installation, STB etc because it was a long time ago but i still have their Set-top box, remote etc which are totally worthless and stopped working a long time ago + a few other issues.