• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 5,615
Status
Not open for further replies.

datta.ca

ISP
TATA Indicom Broadband
Finally after waiting for long time MNP came into reality and I (Dattatraya S Bhalerao) decided to switch my operator for my mobile number 99606 48486 from Airtel to TATA DOCOMO. I was a loyal Airtel corporate postpaid customer for 5 yrs. The main reason for port out was no Airtel network at my new house. I choose TATA DOCOMO Infosys corporate postpaid connection.

After many hurdles finally my mobile number was ported on TATA DOCOMO network and I thought all my problems are solved but actually it was start of horrible experience with TATA DOCOMO.

First DOCOMO bill for 10 days was generated, which I paid before due date. Meanwhile the last Airtel bill for Rs. 42 was generated after adjusting the security deposit. I also received the SMS to pay the bill and deposit the copy with TATA DOCOMO. I paid the bill on 08-Oct-11 at Airtel outlet at FC Road Pune and deposited the copy to TATA DOCOMO office just opposite to Airtel office.

After 3 days on 11-Oct-11 I got the same SMS once again to pay the bill and deposit the copy. This time my outgoing calls were blocked. So I called the TATA DOCOMO from office number and spoke with CC who told me same story that outgoing is blocked due to non-payment of Airtel Bill. I explained him the situation and told him that I have already paid the bill & deposited the copy to your office. But he insisted that you need to deposit once again for which I objected and asked him to transfer the call to his manager. I explained the situation to DOCOMO manager (Sarfaraz) and he took my complaint and my outgoing calls were restored after 3 hrs.

Once again after 3 days on 15-Oct-11 I got the same SMS once again and incoming & outgoing calls were blocked. This time I was pissed off. I took confirmation from Airtel that there is no due against my mobile and fwd same email along with scan copy of bill payment from my corporate id to social@tatadocomomarketing.com, listen.rom@tatadocomo.com. In the evening I finally I got response from them that my services are blocked due to non-payment of Airtel bill. Meanwhile I called DOCOMO CC from office and the CC explained same thing to me. I was not at all interested talking to him so I asked him transfer call to his manager. Again Mr Sarfaraz came on line. He already knew my issue which I explained to him 3 days back. He again took to complaint and promised that this won’t happen again. After 4 hrs my services were restored.

Just a day before Diwali TATA DOCOMO gave my perfect Diwali gift in advance!!! On 25-Oct-11 at 11:50 PM I noticed that there is no network in my phone. I thought there may be network issue and went to sleep. In the morning I checked again there was no network, so I called DOCOMO corporate CC they told me there is no record for my number. I called their normal customer care and he informed same old story which I was in no mood to listen, so I asked him to put his manager on line, for which he informed today there is no manager available in office. So I checked if their gallery was open for which he answered negative.

Meanwhile I drafted a huge email with all facts and proofs to social@tatadocomomarketing.com, listen.rom@tatadocomo.com marking nodal officer in same email. No response to emails on 26-Oct-11. So I went to their so called customer care office at FC Road Pune. They CC (Rajshree) already knew me because I have been there twice for submitting same payment proof. She looked in her monitor and didn't find any fault in my account. Just that number is deactivated due to non-payment. She took my complaint & asked to come down next day. I went again to their gallery on 28-Oct-11 giving them extra day to sort out things. To my surprise nothing was done in 2 days. So I got angry, after which she sent email to someone in network team and asked me to come once again on Monday, which was not possible for me as it was working day & their office was far away from my office. So asked their direct number, which she informed that they don't have any. After lot of argument she finally she gave mobile number of her manager (Mr Sougata Chaterjee). Meanwhile I got response to email on next day explaining that your number is De-activated due to non-payment of Airtel bill. I was lost out words for their pathetic so called customer service!!! How many times they require same things. I have already sent these details 'n' number of times but they require once again.

On Monday 31-Oct afternoon I got call from nodal officer (Ms. Meena), I once explained her my story and she promised me that she would look into it and provide a solution in 48 hrs but till now there no call or email from her despite of me sending couple of reminders.
In the evening I called the manager of CC representative Ms.Rajshree. He put her on phone, she told me she requires more time as there is no response from network team & promised call back on my alternative number. No call came next day. I called once again to manager after waiting for a day. Ms.Rajshree finally told me that, she didn't have any idea why all this has happen. But since I was using that number for 5 yrs they have initiated a special approval to activate the number and it will take 15 more days to get it activated.

I was what!!! 15 more days!!! It’s already been 12 days.

Till this time I am writing this blog dated 7-Nov-11 & after waiting 12 days I haven’t received any solution nor my number is activated. Only god must be knowing if I am ever going to get my number back activated. As TATA DOCOMO don't have any clues at all !!!

Ya, I'm not surprised. TD management/administration in Pune is pathetic. Stay away.I've gone through all this shit. Better port-out to Idea. You won't regret. 🙂

Ya, I'm not surprised. TD management/administration in Pune is pathetic. Stay away.

I've gone through all this shit. Better port-out to Idea. You won't regret. 🙂

Yes agree too. They even dont know how to talk in proper English.
The main problem is that my number is de-activated for last 15 days and I have been using that number since last 5 yrs.
Tata Docomo I want my number back......

I differ if you would have logged a complaint on pgportal.gov.in your problem would have got resolved in no time. Or else PM i will provide you a number to call on and get your problem resolved.

----------

And i the problem can be at airtel's end too....its not that you submit the copy of payed bill and they will accept. They cross check with your previous provider in this case airtel and ask for their confirmation. It is very much possible that airtel is not providing adequate confirmation to TATA DOCOMO

Publicize this story well so that other people don't become victims of Tata DOCOMO.

Need help from you guys on this forum.
Pls help me to get my number back.
Requesting your comments/feedback/views so that TATA DOCOMO wake up!!!

Need help from you guys on this forum.
Pls help me to get my number back.
Requesting your comments/feedback/views so that TATA DOCOMO wake up!!!

Share this story on FB and also with your colleagues at Infosys. Some companies tend to respond to complaints posted on social media, don't know about Tata DOCOMO.

I have always been wary of Tata group companies, for their legendary quality! The only Tata product I have is Tata Sky and have had my share of problems with it. It is relatively trouble-free now.

Share this story on FB and also with your colleagues at Infosys. Some companies tend to respond to complaints posted on social media, don't know about Tata DOCOMO.

I have always been wary of Tata group companies, for their legendary quality! The only Tata product I have is Tata Sky and have had my share of problems with it. It is relatively trouble-free now.

I tried publishing on their FB wall page, but they delete these kind of posts.
Tried tweeter too, but no reply on it.....

Ya, I'm not surprised. TD management/administration in Pune is pathetic. Stay away.

I've gone through all this shit. Better port-out to Idea. You won't regret. 🙂
On the other hand, my own experience with Idea has been miserable. On moving from Mumbai to Pune a few months ago, I ported both my numbers from MTNL to Idea because BSNL network here is bad. During the porting process, I also took an additional Pune SIM from Idea.
Idea works well here but I have several issues with their charges and CC.
1. I cannot reach Idea, MH CC using my Mumbai SIM in Pune and vice versa. When I use the Mumbai SIM and try to dial the MH prepaid number (full 10 digits) it connects to some corporate office which cannot help me. So I resort to emails to their CC.
2. My emails to their CC result in only a Auto Reply email and nothing after that. A reply to that email only elicits another Auto Reply.
3. Email to their nodal officer also have the same result.

I am fed up and will probably port to Docomo as soon as the 90 days are up.

Finally after 3 weeks of outage, I got my number back.... The connection got activated last week 🙂

Finally after 3 weeks of outage, I got my number back.... The connection got activated last week 🙂

How's the service been so far in Pune? Both network coverage as well as customer service. I have been using IDEA for the last 6 months (in Pune). While the service is good, I have been annoyed with their prepaid recharge schemes. I have lost close to 140 rupees because the recharge amount goes to some dedicated account that I can use for making calls and the customer service folks are completely clueless. Thinking of switching to Tata DOCOMO, but after hearing all the horror stories, I wondering if it is even worth the shift. Atleast network coverage is fine on IDEA.

Tata Docomo has the worst customer care. They even dont know how to talk proper English! They disconnected by connection for 3 weeks and on top of that charged a rental for same. I am yet to get solution after 3 months 🙁I am already planning to switch.....

Thanks for the info. I am definitely not switching to Tata DOCOMO. In my experience using Airtel, IDEA and BSNL, BSNL is most straightforward with respect to surprises with balance or recharges. Too bad, their service in Pune is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.