Horrible experience with Logitech mouse

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 8,089
So, 2 years ago I bought a Logitech M275 mouse and the left click stopped working after a few months. I mean it would register the click but intermittently and if I am dragging something, it would drop the document mid way. The scroll wheel was the next thing that went bad. I was a bit lazy so I didn't care to get it replaced.

Coming to February 2020, and I bought a Logitech Combo MK345. Guess what? The mouse has already acting up. The left click is doing the same damn thing. And since it's just a couple of months that I got this mouse, I decided to contact the customer care on May 31, and dropped an email again on June 2 as I received no response. Then somebody cares to reply and asks me to visit a nearest service center and get it checked. And gives me a link that's dead:

1591720581319.png

So, I confirmed if I am supposed to seek help at a dead end.

And I get a response:

The walk-in centers are closed now. The link will show you the walk-in center address after the lock down. Thank you for choosing Logitech.

I think that the 'thank you for choosing Logitech' was from their heart, because I got screwed once, yet I decided to get screwed again.

find a cheap mouse brand that works for you. and consider them as use and throw items. i am currently on my second unit of this model.

Amazon.in: Buy TeckNet Raptor M268 Six Button 3200DPI Gaming Mouse -Black Online at Low Prices in India | Tecknet Reviews & Ratings

it is easily lasting me around 12 months. was around 570 when i bought it last year.

almost all logitechs have fake click problems. but their replacement system is pretty good. i used to be a fan of their trackball which came with a three year long warranty. i got it replaced it twice during the warranty period because of the fake click problem. on my third visit, they informed me that the product is no longer in production so they cannot provide me with another replacement. guess what they did? they issued me a full fucking refund.

now i do not really care about warranty of the mouse and keyboard. for keyboards, i go for mechanicals because a regular membrane style keyboard does not last more than 6 months on my usage. mechanicals last for years and you end up replacing them because you get bored of them. wrt mouse, i am just going to stick with unbranded cheap mouse because there is no realistic mechanical keyboard style alternative for them.

on newer models logitech is no longer offering 3 year warranty i believe. 2 year max. 1 year on some models? haven't checked in a while. it just does not make sense to be honest to spend a premium for logitech these days.

All Logitech models have this problem it seems. If you're fine opening it up, I would suggest keeping a small can of WD-40 handy. It can fix most of these problems.

I have a Logitech M705 which is atleast 7 - 8 years old (part of Logitech MK710 combo) and I remember it had this issue twice. I just opened it, sprayed a bit of WD-40 onto the buttons, cleaned off excess using a tissue paper and the problem disappeared.

haha. most online guides suggest ordering better quality clickers from AliExpress and replacing them. i once tried doing that. could not manage to get it to work lol. apparently, logitech switched to shit quality clicker few years ago. i don't really get it because these do not really cost a lot of money. it makes sense on keyboards where most companies are using other switches instead of cherry because cherry is supposed to be pricey.

Yeah. But that would be a bit more trickier since it involves de-soldering and re-soldering. If you don't have the right iron and flex, the lead spreads to the nearest contact points and screws everything up. I once completely ruined one of my son's toys trying fixing it without a flex handy 😂

yeah, in my case, the switch i ordered from ali was a slightly different model so it did not replace the older clicker properly. i did not try it myself though. went to the market and got a clock repair guy to try it for me. it was quite an experience to be honest. if you can acquire this skill, you can (logi)cally use a good quality mouse for a lot more years than its regular life. just replace the switches every time they develop any issue. and use high quality ones.

m215 or m235 are super good..using same one for decade 😛

They could have given you a different model, but they gave you a full refund. Damn! I actually thought about buying an expensive mouse thinking that my usage is high or I just use is roughly, but I think it won't be a good idea.

@Nishant That's exactly what I did with my previous mouse, opened it cleaned it up and it started working, but it went bad again quite soon. WD-40 is something I should buy, not just for this issue, it is useful in many other situations. Ceramic coating as well.

Ordering clickers also makes sense, I think I can get them soldered by somebody around.

logi is not making many trackball models. back then they had none in active production. only recently did they launch a new model that costs quite a bit. and i do not think it is available officially available in india. reviews are also not very good from people who loved the older model. Amazon does have listings for both the models but they are not available for purchase.

i think @vedantlath has one of their high end mouse (5.5K when i last checked). i was considering getting the same model. but decided against it. 3 year warranty sure. 1-2 years? does not make much financial sense. because they would get bad. he did talk about facing the same issue. not sure if he switched to another mouse or fixed it himself.

checked a few more models. everything seems to be stuck with one year warranty now. i wouldn't touch Rs. 1000+ logitech with such a limited warranty. you can only hope that it goes bad within the first 12 months so that you can (if it's still possible) get a replacement that would last for another 12 months.

Offtopic: This reminds me that RHA gives a 3 year warranty even on their budget earphones that retails for about 1.8k. Speaks a lot about their confidence in their products.

It actually doesn't make sense getting a Logitech high-end mouse with that sort of a warranty.

My first mouse in 1997 was a Logitech it lasted 8 yrs so I thought they were a gold standard. In the last 7 yrs all Logitech mouse I have bought had 3 yr warranty but the scene at their service center was like travelling in a Mumbai local train. It came to a point though the mouse was getting replaced as it lasted only 6 months. The clicks were ok but was not registering on the PC. Later they shifted their service center from lamington road to an industrial estate in Goregaon. And they would not replace it the same day so I told them to keep the mouse & SIU (shove it up). Not interested in making 2 trips there. Thereafter I have used Dell, Lenovo or HP mouse all with a 1 yr warranty after it spoils throw it out & get a new one. No regrets. Don't waste time buying a Logitech mouse or keyboard.

i never got my replacement trackball on the same day lol. understandable because it was not really a popular product.