Horrible Customer Service - Internet down for 3 days and counting

ISP
Airtel and Local ISP
I have been using Jio gigafiber for around 1 and a half months and everything was working fine untill 22nd May Evening.
Suddenly Internet Stopped working and I called up customer care and they said sorry sir it is issue in your area please wait for 4 hours. I thought ok 4 hours it is.
But nothing happened internet was still not working so I called them again on 23rd afternoon they again said sir issue with your area please wait for 4 hours . That was the moment I knew this was gonna be a big problem now. I waited 4 hours and again nothing happened so I decided to contact them via messaging jiocare on twitter. So they created a service request saying problem will be fixed in 24 hours and engineer will visit my house within those 24 hours.
I waited 24 hours, still nothing happened. Now it was 24th evening I called them again they said sorry sir missed appointment they will come tomorrow morning .
And today nobody called me or anything. So I called customer care again and now they are saying please wait for 24 hours more.

This is hopeless customer service by Jio. It has been 3 days and they couldnt send a single person to my house to look for the problem.

And btw while all this is happening by neighbor who also has gigafiber is having no problems and his internet is working absolutely fine. So it is not an issue with my area otherwise my neighbors internet would also be down.

Thankfully I still have my airtel connection on lowest plan due to landline and can access the internet using that. I had exams these 3 consecutive days and If I did not have airtel it would have been a huge problem for me because I study mostly online and mobile data connectivity is also very weak at my house so I couldn't have used that.

An engineer came finally and he said that other companies are cutting jio fibre wires which is causing this. Airtel never has this problem because they have underground wiring.

An engineer came finally and he said that other companies are cutting jio fibre wires which is causing this. Airtel never has this problem because they have underground wiring.

It's the true reason and it's not an excuse to be frank. Excitel's and Hathway's employee cuts the wire.

Recently 20-30 days back, Hathway did cut the whole area's Jio Wire. Jio was having their launch pending for March. But Hathway did this and launch delayed for that area.

Quite possible that your connection is one of which is affected.

Very frequently our area's Airtel wire are getting cut too and I suspect, it's Excitel's work. (wires of the customers which is going open and not via. Underground)

I actually over-heard the conversation among the Excitel's employees talking that "They cut the wires and distribution boxes of other ISPs."

No wonder, Excitel and Hathway is near to their end days.

@koolkunz You can contact to the Nodal Support of Jio if there is any.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Crazyguy030601 When India's Richest Man competing with a third-class ISP?

Aren't they feel afraid?

Airtel itself is afraid.

P.S.: It's not my opinion, I am speaking on the data. Check last 3 years.

Kuch bhi.....

Reliance has a majority stake in Hathaway. So the Hathaway acting against its parent company.

Reliance through its network of subsidiaries has acquired 51.34 per cent in Hathway Cable

Excitel works through its LCO's....... I guess, they have hired people to specially cut fibre/ wire.

I actually heard...... thats the way....

Yep..... it is a common practice and mostly done by LCO's......

Everything has its pros and cons......

ISP serving you directly might give you a better/ stable connection but for such faults as mentioned by OP.... LCO would have sorted this out in few hours.

if that was the case how was your neighbour's connection working? I think this "fibre cutting" has become their go-to excuse.

Apparently they are connected to separate back end server. I find that hard to believe.

Also jio closed my service request without even asking me if my internet started working again. I had to put in a new complaint just now.

It's the true reason and it's not an excuse to be frank. Excitel's and Hathway's employee cuts the wire.

Recently 20-30 days back, Hathway did cut the whole area's Jio Wire. Jio was having their launch pending for March. But Hathway did this and launch delayed for that area.

Quite possible that your connection is one of which is affected.

Very frequently our area's Airtel wire are getting cut too and I suspect, it's Excitel's work. (wires of the customers which is going open and not via. Underground)

I actually over-heard the conversation among the Excitel's employees talking that "They cut the wires and distribution boxes of other ISPs."

No wonder, Excitel and Hathway is near to their end days.

@koolkunz You can contact to the Nodal Support of Jio if there is any.

My issue started on 22nd may only (4 days back) so I do not think it is that. But before jio I was using excitel and I did not recharge excitel for a month so it could be that excitel people / or the lco did it.

^ That is what I am saying to you 🙂

Jio is not at the loss, it's the Excitel who is. 🙂

It finally got fixed. 5 days it took them. Horrendous customer service as well. Customer Care representatives are clueless.

This seems exactly like my previous 3rd class local ISP. BSNL sorts out problems very fast.... I mean, the ones they can. Latency is something 99% of them haven't heard about. "Kya lautanki jji?" is what one told me. But unless it's holiday, the linesman usually shows up the very next day and fixes things. I think I"ll go for the BSNL fiber instead.

I have been using Jio gigafiber for around 1 and a half months and everything was working fine untill 22nd May Evening.
Suddenly Internet Stopped working and I called up customer care and they said sorry sir it is issue in your area please wait for 4 hours. I thought ok 4 hours it is.
But nothing happened internet was still not working so I called them again on 23rd afternoon they again said sir issue with your area please wait for 4 hours . That was the moment I knew this was gonna be a big problem now. I waited 4 hours and again nothing happened so I decided to contact them via messaging jiocare on twitter. So they created a service request saying problem will be fixed in 24 hours and engineer will visit my house within those 24 hours.
I waited 24 hours, still nothing happened. Now it was 24th evening I called them again they said sorry sir missed appointment they will come tomorrow morning .
And today nobody called me or anything. So I called customer care again and now they are saying please wait for 24 hours more.

This is hopeless customer service by Jio. It has been 3 days and they couldnt send a single person to my house to look for the problem.

And btw while all this is happening by neighbor who also has gigafiber is having no problems and his internet is working absolutely fine. So it is not an issue with my area otherwise my neighbors internet would also be down.

Thankfully I still have my airtel connection on lowest plan due to landline and can access the internet using that. I had exams these 3 consecutive days and If I did not have airtel it would have been a huge problem for me because I study mostly online and mobile data connectivity is also very weak at my house so I couldn't have used that.

A neighbour in my bldg opted for jiofiber, got it functioning on 4 sept. It went dead on 5 sept and started working yesterday. The sales manager had come to plead, coz my neighbour who has a v short fuse told the Jio manager to FO (actual words) wth his modem. Finally he quietened down & decided to try it out for a month. Incidentally he has a Hathaway connection valid fr 13 months.