Hormazd Sorabjee's Top 5

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
This month's issue of Autocar India was the 5th Anniversary Issue. And the editor Hormazd Sorabjee decided to discuss 5 of the best remembered cars in these 5 years... The cars were:Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDIChevrolet ForesterFiat Palio 1.6 GTXFord Ikon 1.6and of course Maruti 800And this is when they have had chances to check out practically every Mercedes and BMW model out there. And even the Bentleys... Still some of the best cars out there! Says a lot...

appu

Sep 25, 2004
Originally posted by Sushubh@Sep 4 2004, 02:34 PM
And this is when they have had chances to check out practically every Mercedes and BMW model out there. And even the Bentleys... Still some of the best cars out there! Says a lot...
[snapback]95[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wouldn't have made a lot of sense to put a Merc up there, right? How many people in India can afford one? I've been to Europe and even there people actually can't afford to buy (actually maintain - because of skyrocketing insurance costs) a good VW, forget a Merc or a BMW or some other exotic.

In my mind, Hormazd has come up with a really good list. These are cars that give their owners a lot of pleasure owning/driving them. I would probably try to
squeeze in the older Honda City up there somewhere.

Appu

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
I would add in Maruti Zen. I think its the best drivers car out there under 4 Lakhs. Light weight and ultra responsive engine... Its fun fun fun. :)