Honest Review: Disconnected Excitel After 1 Hour of Installation (Poorest ISP and LCO Business)

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 17,803
what excitel has over other networks is their reach. i have no isp in my area except excitel. i dont see my area getting jio fiber any time soon as well.

and there are many areas in delhi where only excitel is present.
That's because they leave it to the LCO. They don't have reach. It's their partnership they have. You can setup Excitel kind of ISP easily if you have money and little bit of manpower.

Bro excitel needs lco more than LCO needs excitel. It's because of little monopoly he has created by cutting others wires, first it was for cable tv and now internet. My ACT use to go down every week and I know who the culprit is. Even the banners, board, pamphlets of other isp are removed.
Even I am waiting for jio to come in. Airtel ftth vs Jio ftth. I think these lco/goons would be out of business permanently.

Last edited:
What Excitel + LCO is a gangster kind of stuff. Excitel cuts the wire the most (because the people behind the LCOs are mostly either from the slums or a little odd town).

I think it's important that TRAI do checks on Excitel. And I think Excitel should have control over the LCO.

There is no Airtel FTTH vs. Jio FTTH. (Anyone of them comes, it's fine since over the time, it will be good only) and if both comes? It's the best you can have.

(Talking about Airtel FTTH and not including Airtel V-Fiber which is a dead tech. and failed).

why would a lco allow excitel to control them ? these lcos are just partnered with excitel. excitel gives them fiber line and guaranteed monthly income and lco gives them customers.

excitel just have deployed one of their line man staff at these lcos who works 'under' the lco not with them.

^^ Well, I can't say anything since I am not concerned about this anymore. But the problems you mentioned will be consistent if it's under LCO and Excitel has no influence over that. Simple as that.

Anyways, It's a review thread so it's something you (or any other excitel customer needs to understand). I'm happy that I disconnected it in the first hour itself.

Because luckily the power went off when the line was installed and internet didn't work. As soon as light came, it started again. (I am talking about the LCO not having power backup and Excitel not even know about this issue in our area until I reported them, if they were under the direct control, they would have known this).

You might have no option except for Excitel it's fine but yeah taking it as a right business model is your mistake only. Excitel's cheap service is possible because they hand over the service to the area's Don. How many? Like thousands of people must be facing packet loss issue for long time now? How much is it resolved now? None! That's why ISP must have control on LCO. (So that the truth can be transferred to the ISP and LCO can't manipulate it).

Failure of Excitel's business model can be very well understood if you read the reviews on Google Reviews, Facebook Page, Quora and many more. It's hardly bunch of people recommend Excitel but many of them just says one thing "Excitel is Worst ISP ever".

Last edited by a moderator:
Excitel is worst for your maybe but not others, it's a case of availability and competition in your area. My old LCO wouldn't bother picking up the phone after 8PM so, if your connection was down you'd have to wait till 10AM next day. With excitel I can raise a ticket and they'll make the LCO work towards resolving the issue. Excitel is not the best ISP by my standards but it's the best option I have for now until some other ISP shows up with better service. I'm also waiting for Jio to start services in my area as they've already got the setup in place. I still experience super slow speeds on weekends and it's been like this since day 1.

@ijsa He's doing illegal stuff. He's not even a true ISP. Haha. He's doing bandwidth agregating.

It's like: You take Hathway, Excitel, Siti, Den and all.

Make a infra. and use all of them to provide your own ISP services.

(You act like normal customer to above mentioned companies and not as ISP licensed client).

That's illegal and any local Cable Operator doing this can might face huge fine and jail time as well.

Don't even think your LCO is good. He's misleading all those companies and you.

(If he doesn't have consent from above mentioned companies in the form of Contract).

@Adidam.... you are responding without reading......

What I said....

<<<<<I had Excitel service from him.... proper login id & password. I could login with those credentials on Excitel app and website..... >>>>>

How can I have an Excitel a/c if I just have a connection from aggregator as per your version.....

Secondly when you do a Speedtest...... youe ISP is identified every-time and there is no discrepancy between the ISP I have paid for and the ISP displayed in Speedtest.

You might have had a poor experience..... but other people are doing just fine....

Though presently I am not using Excitel but it is only Excitel who changed the internet scenario in Delhi particularly..... We were set free from poor and incompetent service of MTNL and exorbitantly priced Airtel.......

I do not have high hopes from Airtel and Jio which so many people are ga gaaing....... they are bunch of thief and crooks..... initially they will entice you with cheap plans and after the monopoly they will fleece you....

^ Okay end of discussion on this (yours) topic. It isn't useful to me. And thank you for your time on this thread. If you think "others" are doing well with it, I appreciate you for your so much confident thinking about it.

I have nothing to do with your experience since our area is different, our ISP is different. Your LCO is giving you different ISP option. I had one ISP that was Excitel. Simple as that.

Excitel is worst for your maybe but not others, it's a case of availability and competition in your area. My old LCO wouldn't bother picking up the phone after 8PM so, if your connection was down you'd have to wait till 10AM next day. With excitel I can raise a ticket and they'll make the LCO work towards resolving the issue. Excitel is not the best ISP by my standards but it's the best option I have for now until some other ISP shows up with better service. I'm also waiting for Jio to start services in my area as they've already got the setup in place. I still experience super slow speeds on weekends and it's been like this since day 1.
Well, I am hardly concerned about others since I pay for myself. I am only talking about myself and there is no comparison.

Secondly, For me, I have enough call recording with the so called Excitel the awesome ISP which I can slap it here for everyone to hear that how good are they.

How professional they are, how much knowledge they have.

Thirdly, I don't think whole internet is mad enough to rate excitel 1/5 where as other networks still has better rating than this.

I am happy that you are having nice experience, But my experience is the worst, I have faced.

P.S.: I am totally cool but it's just a review thread. You can make one of your's in new thread.

@Adidam did you got your installation and monthly payment back ?
Yes, Since LCO asked for the disconnection before I could do. Haha, If he didn't refund that? I have my ways too.

I could have registered the case with consumer forum + sue that LCO for fraud.

I'm using internet for more than 15 years now. It's the most pathetic experience I have faced.

For me, Excitel is a no go!

Well, I am hardly concerned about others since I pay for myself. I am only talking about myself and there is no comparison.

Secondly, For me, I have enough call recording with the so called Excitel the awesome ISP which I can slap it here for everyone to hear that how good are they.

How professional they are, how much knowledge they have.

Thirdly, I don't think whole internet is mad enough to rate excitel 1/5 where as other networks still has better rating than this.

I am happy that you are having nice experience, But my experience is the worst, I have faced.

P.S.: I am totally cool but it's just a review thread. You can make one of your's in new thread.
Well you're pissed and rightly so but the real problem is your LCO and I agree with the suggestion that they need to set a standard which every LCO should be required to meet.

He did the right thing....... and definitely Excitel should take a note of such LCO's and lay down policies which does not disappoint and harass the customer...... @Adidam was bold enough to take the LCO head-on but most of the people take it timidly and accept whatever is offered.

tbh, 50mbps is farce, try torrenting and you'll know why. Only peered torrents shall be maxing out the promised speeds rest not more than 1mbps (lower than the BSNL's starting plans). the same goes for any thing you'll download. Peered downloads from google servers as well as netflix shall sky rocket but Amazon aws is altogether another story. it is like breaking the net neutrality but in a real subtle way.
regarding jio gigafiber, i don't even want to start with their horrendous packet loss and high latency. try complaining them and they'll be probably laughing inside. i have no experience with ACT so i cannot comment. if you really need something really reliable, airtel is the way to go, it beats the shit out of every isp ive ever seen.