• Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 13,643

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Now that Honda is starting manufacturing motorcycles of its own... What does it mean for Hero Honda? It is also a partnership where Honda is a major player! And it is not something like GM and Maruti Suzuki in India (GM owns a part of Suzuki) because GM and Maruti cater to totally different segments. I am pretty sure Hero have got the contract where Honda supplies them the technology for few more years before Honda moves on, on it's own. But where does that leave the customer? Surely... Everyone would want to own a Honda instead of a Hero Honda. I know I will... Because the customer care of Hero Honda in every city that I have visited have more or less s*cked for me! and knowing Honda, it won't be the case.Shout here!

Well, no pre-meditated decisions here.Choice is good. I'm gonna see which one is better and pick it.

splendor is like the maruti 800 of the 2 wheelers. almost everyone seemed to have owned it. 😉 it is afterall the largest selling bike in the entire world 😀

Well i had been waiting for this bike for too long, now am juzz waiting to get my hands on it ----------> long way to go HONDA, u shud have come up with some mean machine around 200 cc 18bhp well for d time being i'll drive this for an year and sell it off. but u shattered my dreamz

and ya about the mono suspension feature on d rear of d bike, i think this was the most needed feature on indian roads Congratz . for reliefing my back ache B)

FROM A GENUINE HONDA FAN !!!
Ravi K H.

link http://www.honda2wheelersindia.com/unicorn/

Originally posted by Sushubh@Sep 2 2004, 11:49 AM
customer? Surely... Everyone would want to own a Honda instead of a Hero Honda. I know I will... Because the customer care of Hero Honda in every city that I have visited have more or less s*cked for me! and knowing Honda, it won't be the case.

Shout here!
[snapback]69[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hero Honda has got two very big things going for them - huge brand name and arguably the most reliable bikes seen in this land. It'd be hard to get the average Indian commuter to switch to something else. I personally think that Hero Honda bikes are simply overpriced for what they dish out. So when I had to buy a bike one thing was very clear for me - it was *not* going to be any Hero Honda bike of any kind. However, not a lot of others think so.

The big moolah is in the 100-125cc segment and Honda can beat HH only if they do something in that segment, which obviously might not happen because they are technology partners currently. On a later day, who knows what might happen? Just remember that Honda is not just fighting any bike manufacturer but one with ~20 years of solid brand image.

Appu

trust me, when it comes to Honda... Hero Honda would be scared as well. Being a Splendor owner for 5 years now, I would not think twice before moving on to buying a Honda. I certainly wont be buying any Bajaj or TVS anytime sooner. 🙂My opinions though... 😀

u have a unicorn? 😛well, i love my splendor. 5 years and not a bad experience. but the only problem is the service centers. they s*ck everywhere... been to karnal, gurgaon, faridabad and even delhi. everywhere, the service centers are pathetic. luckily, i found a decent mechanic who fixed a major suspension problem that none of the honda engineers even noticed. but a new city here in chandigarh, i am back to square one.

Hello Everyone! I'm new here. I'm Canadian but I live and work in South Korea. I drive a Hyosung GV250. LOVE IT. In the States they have difficulty getting parts and accessories. I wondered if you in India had the same problem. I can get parts for any Korean motorcycle and can ship direct to your house. Delivery time is 5 days. I'm sitting on a mountain of parts here, all cheap because I'm at the source. If anyone has questions or needs help with their Aquila or Comet, no problem. Look forward to hearing about life in India and the motorcycle culture where you are! Happy driving!Richard in Korea (rcj_88@yahoo.com)

Parts is never a problem here. If one goes in for an obscure motorbike then yes it might be. Anyway, it would be much cheaper for us to purchase the parts from the company rather than you shipping it to us 😉

Another eqation is of milage. Any bike will have to give 80 kmpl average to beat splendour.

i doubt even splendor can do that... from what i know tvs bikes are the current fuel efficiency champions. 🙂