Honda India is finally realizing they cannot fool the Indian customer

Sushubh

Administrator
Honda India actively working on bringing diesel cars to India

Honda City has seen some major price cuts in the recent months. Their sales are dropping badly. I do not see new CRVs on the roads. It's amazing how the market can respond to complacency!

Sushubh

Administrator
it is never too late. maruti launched diesel cars pretty late and even with practically one engine option they are doing exceedingly well. honda has an extremely good brand recognition in india. the day city goes on sale with a diesel engine, it would crucify the competition.

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
is it that bad? Honda sold 2802 City's in June this year, 4092 in July and 5819 in August. Compared to this, the volkswagen vento sold only 3019 units despite having both petrol and diesel options.after the price cut of jazz, there is a lot of demand for it. dad was interested. Showroom guy said there is a 6 month waiting.All Honda needs to do is bribe some politicians to end subsidy on diesel.

Saurav

Looking for BSNL Broadband substitute
All Honda needs to do is bribe some politicians to end subsidy on diesel.

the government won't do that. the transport system would come to a complete halt. :p

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
I forgot to add only for passenger cars.

Saurav

Looking for BSNL Broadband substitute
hmmm. but it would be more tedious. i don't think our government would be able successfully implement it. in the end we would see more bribing and stuff related to obtaining the subsidized diesel.

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
i think it could be fairly successful, at least in metros and tier II cities. trucks don't usually fill up here so most pumps can sell only unsubsidized diesel. also AFAIK, the subsidy is not that high so a lot of people will not get in the hassle of purchasing black market diesel and stuff.

cyberwiz

high time honda realised the importance of diesel in india..hope they launch proper diesel engines..not like the puny 88 BHP plonked by toyota in the corolla diesel :shock: