Honda City

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 51,620
i doubt tires have warranties longer than 1-2 years. it would also be connected with your mileage and also the condition of the car. improper alignment would affect the conditions of the tires. tires can get unevenly scrubbed because of bad alignment. that is why it is highly recommended that you should keep the tire pressure in check and wheel balancing/alignment done at regular intervals.

My car tyres are prone to rough roads and potholes in my areas. No wonder it worns-out pretty fast. and couple that with tubeless tires , once there is big punch , the tyre is good for nothing . Still you can reuse them by fitting a tube within it .Last few service , i have specifically asked for wheel alignment to be done . I thought it was problem with City , I have read that EPS is pretty much weak at higher speeds. the problem is i couldnt compare two City so far at high speed.

how does the tire get worn out frm inside... 😛 u sure the guy looking at ur car is a mechanic and doesn't need a doctor 😛

i think what is meant by that is not the inside of the tyre rather the inner edge of the tyre that faces away from the road

btw there is even 3 to 5yrs of warranty with the tires call the tire company and tell them check it out...

Yeah but u will find that most of the damage (including the above mentioned damage) that occurs to the tyres in real life driving conditions especially on our roads is not covered by warranty

true
In the past i have tried to register there and about 4-5 times they rejected , I have been almost honest each time i entered all the requirement while registering , then i thought F7U12 to TBHP, and never tried to register again there.

Yeah thats another problem with team-bhp.. once when i had lost my login id, i almost had to write an essay to convince them to allow me to register again with a new ID :crushed:

factory alloys only.

good, that rules out problems due to custom alloys

I thought it was clear when i said , inside of the tyre. dont they always use this term "Inside of the tyre" to represent the inner edge ? :? I have registered in almost all kinds of forums and sites ans never came across such a d-bag forum which doesnt let a earnest member inside. keeping spam bot out is one , but keeping members who need help from a expert community ? Forget it , i am not in any way going to register there again. We about 5-10% drive City in dirt roads (village roads) , since my mom needs to reach distant villages for health camps. anyway tomorrow i will get the chance of testing it out. will report back how it is now after service.

I have registered in almost all kinds of forums and sites ans never came across such a d-bag forum which doesnt let a earnest member inside. keeping spam bot out is one , but keeping members who need help from a expert community ? Forget it , i am not in any way going to register there again.

correct..its a good forum in terms of the wealth of info on cars and the experts but its a pain to get into and get help if u are new..umm u can try out GearHeads India

thanks there is a register via facebook , lifesaver !! Will register there .sorry for the late reporting.The car now grips the road much better and steering is much better at high speeds . I think they have lowered the suspension a bit.. I am not sure , but it feels like it. Handling is much better now and the loosening of EPS at high speed is less now. could be a placebo effect .. wont know till i take it for another long trip .Thanks for all the inputs and help offered in such a quick span of time. Infact i think , with few jargons thrown at the dealer , he seems to have taken a extra care. 😀

Honda City is going to come with diesel variants in 2012. It will be a great news for everyone.The Variants will be:- 2012 New Honda City E- 2012 New Honda City S- 2012 New Honda City V MT- 2012 New Honda City V AT- 2012 New Honda City V Exclusive MT- 2012 New Honda City V Exclusive ATHonda has only one diesel Engine uptill now which is a 2.2 litre engine developed only for Europe. But City runs on 1.4-1.6 litre so that engine cannot be used for Honda City. The Japanese engineers are trying to make a diesel variant for Honda City which is expected to be launched in 2012 in India. Honda is also going to launch a new version of City in 2012 which is already been launched in Thailand with all new front grille, New front and rear bumpers, New design for alloy wheels, New color scheme for interiors. This version of City will be available in six variants.I am curiously waiting for Honda City Diesel.

Nice . They'll definitely attract a lot of buyers if they offer diesel engines. Its surprising that they haven't developed a small one till now considering how popular they are in europe.They should aim for an automatic diesel for 10 lacs. At the moment, verna is the cheapest diesel option with automatic.

Honda automatic diesel for 10 lacs? Possible if the Honda in question is a Jazz. Those guys don't sell the City at that price, forget diesel, and even worse, automatic on top of it

mmm. city did get a major price cut a couple of months ago. 😕 i thought the base model is priced below 8L ex-showroom.in any case, honda is realizing that they cannot sell just because they are honda. city sales are down. jazz never sold well. crv has been destroyed by fortuner. they would have to play on the vfm card now or they are going out of business in india! 🙂

Well even after the price cut, on road prices for the base version are still close to 9. The automatic almost touches 11. Diesel cars are going to be costlier than this for sure

i suppose. diesel city costing more than base honda civic. that can happen. 🙂

diesel city may cut down fuel costs for owners of the car, of course the diesel mileage also matters, which I'm assuming to be the same per litre as petrol.

Well even after the price cut, on road prices for the base version are still close to 9. The automatic almost touches 11. Diesel cars are going to be costlier than this for sure
Are you sure? Some people on t-bhp were saying they were getting the base model for ~7.5 lacs on road. also, nowadays there is a huge discounts to clear stocks.

Rs. 70,000 cash discount on the Honda City sedan! | DWS Auto India

this shows they have the margins. so if pushed to the brink, they can do it. with the skoda rapid launched and some more up coming sedans, they might have to.

for ~9 lacs on road, you get the top end auto variant.

^ 7.5 L on road for the City, if true, would be awesome. I was going by the rates I see on their website and the paper ads, which suggest 7.49 ex showroom Delhi. Adding taxes, insurance and all the usual new car stuff, it goes to almost 8.6 - 8.7 L on road.