Honda Brio

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,906
So this would now be priced on par with the SX4. After their grand price mess up with Jazz, I doubt they have learnt their lessons.

well i would rather say that it was the media which hyped up jazz's launch. internationally it is expensive than the sedan version. so it was never going to be as cheap. and of course. it is not a small car. it is more of a small SUV. this car is aimed at the segment consisting of Swift. pricing is expected to be around 5-5.5 lakhs. this is a real small hatchback. 🙂

The design is pretty good. If Honda price it intelligently, I dont see any reason why it wont do good in Indian market.

It should do well , as long as localization doesn't entail quality compromise . There is definitely a market for premium hatchbacks here , considering that the i20 manages to sell about 7500 units a month . Jazz is a pretty decent car but a more powerful engine (1.6 l) like the polo , fabia should've been offered , plus an automatic option maybe . Things people in that segment might look for.

launching jazz was a mistake for honda in india. the pricing forced them to discontinue the cheaper variants of city. now the city is very expensive. jazz is of course too awfully priced. and this model is also likely to be on the higher side. i am not sure how many folks go for the new honda city considering the pricing starts at around 9 lakh. you can get a pretty decent diesel for a much lower price from another company. of course, i made the mistake of going for fiat linea diesel 😀

The NHC still does sell a good lot, considering its positioning in the market today. The Jazz is definitely a mistake. They definitely need to learn a few things from Toyota on pricing the lower models. The Etios, for all it's worth, has been excellently priced

Jazz outselling Linea can only mean one thing - Linea isn't selling either 😀

oh well. fiat is probably the only company in india which is selling less cars now compared to last year.

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

being an owner of a fiat linea, i can surely understand why. the company does not get it. it is not about selling your car. it is about providing a better after sales and service experience.

fiat is spending shit load of money on promoting linea through print and television ads. no one is going to buy it when existing owners like me would bad mouth the company.

Good pricing I guess because of the sweet i VTEC engine (same as Jazz). Don't like the interiors or the rear styling though.