Go to:
Settings
SIM Cards and Mobile networks
Set data plan

Now there are 2 settings you need to check

1) Data limit and notifications
2) Restrict peak data usage

I think there is something set.

So I submitted a request for home delivery (in Pune) on the previous post link, here's the unfolding drama:

1. Submitted my details around 315pm today and selected delivery for today between 4-5 pm slot.
  2. Got an initial confirmation SMS around 330pm from "grab.in" delivery service.
  3. Got a followup SMS with delivery person info around 405pm.
  4. Got a call from the delivery person to check my location/address around 410pm saying he would reach "soon".
  5. After waiting nearly an hour, called the delivery person around 5pm to ask where/when he's coming - he said he might be a bit late.
  6. Got a "confirmation" SMS that SIM has been "successfully delivered" around 530pm.

But nobody showed up at my place 😀

Will wait til end of tomorrow then send an email to JIO CC and also tweet this grab.in delivery people to see what's up.

Called the guy just now and he said he would come tomorrow morning.

Guy came this morning and got my SIM. the guy scanned my fingerprint twice for one SIM, is that OK?

Too bad I have a Windows phone which does not have VoLTE but 4G is working - getting 15 mbps speeds on the phone. Might get a JioFi or other router later on just for data services.

Incoming "SMS" seems to work - getting confirmations and OTP messages but can't make calls or send outgoing SMS. Also cannot send SMS from another number to this JIO number - says "undeliverable".

Anyways, I will probably get a Moto G5 or Nokia 5 some time later this month to try Android for the first time.

BTW, the guy scanned my fingerprint twice for one SIM, is that OK? - both times the device showed "successful" - hope that's OK. He said first was for identification, second was for OTP authorisation.

Guy came this morning and got my SIM. the guy scanned my fingerprint twice for one SIM, is that OK?

Too bad I have a Windows phone which does not have VoLTE but 4G is working - getting 15 mbps speeds on the phone. Might get a JioFi or other router later on just for data services.

Incoming "SMS" seems to work - getting confirmations and OTP messages but can't make calls or send outgoing SMS. Also cannot send SMS from another number to this JIO number - says "undeliverable".

Anyways, I will probably get a Moto G5 or Nokia 5 some time later this month to try Android for the first time.

BTW, the guy scanned my fingerprint twice for one SIM, is that OK? - both times the device showed "successful" - hope that's OK. He said first was for identification, second was for OTP authorisation.
Dude buy Moto G5 plus version not g5 only version.

@hrishi.baba - i am more inclined to get the plain G5 and not the G5+ .... any reasons why you're suggesting otherwise?

From what I could see, Moto g5 has Snapdragon 430, right?
It is probably not a value for money chipset, not for 12k. From my experience of using the moto g5 plus, I would too suggest getting it, sd 625 and 4gb ram really helps. The charging is superfast, and makes it up for the lack of capacity compared to my brother's Redmi Note 4. Although that is a beast in the battery life. From value of money and, in general, if you want a good phone to experience Android on, since it is your first time, I would too suggest the G5 Plus. It is a phone which you won't regret buying. The same I cannot say with plain G5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestions. I know probably not being very smart but I still prefer the regular G5 since it's 5K cheaper than the G5+ and I don't really need/use too much specs/horsepower.

In fact, even more likely that I will get a Nokia 5 (even though it might be a bit more costly than the G5) and even though it has lower specs than a G5. I actually like it's slightly bigger battery capacity, lower screen resolution and apparently more number of supported 4G LTE bands! 😀 Not to mention that Nokia (HMD) are promising "stock" Android and latest updates. Gawd knows looks like Moto is already older version of Android and no idea when they will update and for how long.

(seems like going off topic on this thread)

myself also waiting for Nokia. hopefully they do not overprice their 835 model like they have overpriced 3310.

Oh a flagship like the Nokia 9 with the SD 835 chipset will definitely be overpriced! 😀

If you want a good phone withing 12 K then I would suggest Redmi Note 4 too. If you're not going to spend the extra 5k, might as well get the same specs withing 12 k only. I have Mokee Rom on my Redmi Note 3, and it doesn't feel any different from my Moto g5 plus. The Miui rom on Redmi Note 4 is seriously fast, they don't have that kind of optimisation for the Redmi Note 3. Also, battery life is just mind blowing. 13-14 hrs of screen on time with my usage, whereas I get 8-9 with the same usage on Redmi Note 3. Mind you, screen on time. The device itself lasts for about 3 days with one charge.