• Thread starter Thread starter d00by
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,652

d00by

Regular
ISP
Airtel 1099 Explorer Unlimited
🙁 Since the past 24 hours I have been getting horrible speeds.I did dslreports speed test and it is reporting my speed as 88/48.This is unacceptable.I lodged a complaint with customer care. They say they will look into backend & stuf like that....I am a big downloader. i.e. 80 GB/month. I use uTorrent.Is that why airtel has throttled my speeds?What can I do except to change isp?If my speeds don't improve, I may have to close my airtel connection! 🙁 :angry: Any comments/suggestions?

Dude this is why they say that they give u speeds between 64 and 128kbps and not 128kbps exact.
after i got my connection a week or two after it i started experiencing the same prob i.e speeds between 80-100 only. I complained and the CC ppl told me what i've written above, hence i cud say nothing more. This is the evry reason why its said that only mtnl gives "True" 256kbps BB.

But overall i think airtel is ok, not that bad, coz in 780p.m ur getting about 13Kbps dwld rate with unltd dwld plus 24-29kBps dwld rate at night. while in mtnl u get 30Kbps dwld rate at 670p.m and only at night u get unltd. So its upto u if u wanna change or not.

I was getting atleast double the speed until yesterday.80/50 K speed is pathetic. It's like diallup 🙁 .

hmm actually 90 is not that bad, if u remember dial up (mtnl) correctly that is. and look on the bright side at night u get 200+ 😀 😀