Home 500 & Home Unlimited 750 speed difference.

• Thread starter Thread starter autumn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,119

autumn

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Dear All,

[*]Presently I have the BSNL Broadband Home 500 plan.
[*]But I am planning to take Home Unlimited 750 plan as my monthly usage are going above 4 GB now.
[*] My question is whether I will be able to get that same high speed in unlimited connection?
[*]Tell me the bandwidth & download speed I get in home 500 & Home unlimited 750. :huh:
[/list] Thanks.

Nope you won't get the same speeds on Home unlimited..Home unlimited gives 256kbps speed while on home500 you get 2mbps

Dear All,

Tell me the bandwidth & download speed I get in home 500 & Home unlimited 750. :huh: Thanks.

Well, you said u r on Home500 now , so you must be pretty aware of the speeds on the plan you are.

download speeds on Home 500 will be around 230KBps and on home unlimited will be 30KBps.I hope this clears your doubt.:cool2:

30 KBps is a good speed for browsing, downloading as well as torrents.I suggest you switch to Home UL 750 if your usage is crossing the free limit.But if you do Online Gaming 30 KBps with Home UL 750 will not be sufficient.

User dishtv1

No, you will not get the same speeds. Take a look at official figures yourself.

[*]With unlimited plan you will get 256 kb/seconds. Day or night. Leave it on all the time.

[*]With Home 500 you will get 1600 kb/seconds or higher. Day or night. But daytime usage is capped or you pay more. Then again you get free unmetered usage between 0205-0755 hours.
[/list]

Decide for yourself which plan suits your needs better. If you are downloading a lot, use p2p torrents, it is possible to schedule automatic nighttime download.

It is possible to stay within 2.5 GB limit with some minor habit changes, although if you have SOHO/business requirements that might not be possible.

Do you reboot your ADSL modem at 0205 and 0755 hours? Check your usage at Dataone Portal to verify free usage is not spilling over to daytime.